- Two -

"What happened to your hand?"

I looked down at my bandaged hand. My soul bound must be a world class clutz because this isnt the first time my hand gets burned. He must have spilled his coffee or maybe water while cooking. Who knows.

"Jooheon-ah" he called out again after not receiving an answer. "Tell your mess of a soulmate to watch his hot beverages" he joked while cleaning up my station while i rested. "If he drops his coffee while you're tattoing its going to be a problem" his tone grew more serious at that. I just nodded even though i was too tired to really listen, i had to stay up late working on a publicity design project for the a big tech company.

I look down at my right arm were is said "good morning" in the most pretty handwriting. I smiled at the thought of him sitting down every morning to write me a little note.

I lay back in my seat, the smile not leaving my face. I could hear my dad snickering at my expression but i didnt mind. At that moment i felt a familiar tingle against my skin. My eyes dart straight to my arm where, one by one, letters appear to form words.

"I'm bored"

"I hope you're doing well"

If it was even possible, my smile grew even bigger. I don't deserve such a caring soulmate. "Just answer him already, you're stressing me out" my dad shouts from the other room, somehow noticing that i got another message.

Ah i wish i could do that...

To be honest, im scared. My soulmate is the sweetest guy ever, he has been writing me notes every day for the past 20 years and they're always so cute and thoughtful despite me never answering. But he most likely doesnt know im a guy and that in itself is pretty scary but most of all, because of some family issues, the whole soulmate thing scares me to death.

What if he doesnt like me? What if he hates what i do? What if he doesnt accept me? What if he thinks I'm a bad person?

Those question swim around in my mind on a loop every second of each day and have become my biggest fear. Rejection.

The first customer of they day walks into the shop and i instanlty spring up to my feet and greet them politely. Another temporary tattoo client. My specialty is temporary tattoos, people love getting those because they arent permanent and they wont appear on your soulmate's skin and wont damage it whatsoever. I also do tattoos for reunited soulmates.

But some...just get tattoos without putting their soulmate's skin into consideration and that sickens me. But its my job.

I sat through a long consultation as i drew up a sketch of exactly what the man wanted. While i was drawing he looked down at my arm. "Oh you write to your soulmate?" he asked and seemed pretty surprised at that. "What is she like?" he tried to make small conversation.

The tip of my pencil hovered above the paper as i turned to the person, my stare somehow making him tense up. "No, he's the one who writes to me" i grumbled and emphasized the word he to make sure he understood. I'm all sunshine and rainbows but when it comes to my soulmate i get easily stirred up. The guy stilled and nodded. The rest of the session was quiet. I also get snappy when peoole bother me while im drawing or doing my work.

"My friend left me alone to go celebrate his anniversary with his boyfriend :( "

"What are you up to?"

I ignored the itchiness of my skin and tried to focus on my job but the man just kept staring at my arm as more words kept appearing on my skin. "There's a new message" he pointed out. As if i haven't noticed. I gave him the same look and norrowed my eyes at him, mentally telling him to shut the fuck up. I cant focus when people talk to me.

"I can see that, im not blind" i stood up and walked to the back of the shop where our tiny bathroom was. Without thinking i scrubbed off all the writing off of my arm and returned to my station.

"Isnt it rude, erasing them without answering?" the man kept running my patience thin. But instead of getting mad i actually realized what i had done. That this is the first time i erased his messages. He probably thinks i hate him now. I froze up.

"The tattoo will be ready tomorrow" i said monotonely as i stared at the surface of my desk. The man got the message and walked out of the shop without another word. I could feel my father's eyes on me but i couldnt look up.

Im a horrible person. He's going to hate me. He'll stop writing to me.

My menacing questions now turned into statements and those statements brought me images that i couldnt handle. I heard my dad step closer and from behind he wrapped his arms around me in a comforting hug. "Go home, ill take care of the shop today" he whispered to me.

I couldn't even protest, i just stood up, grabbed my bags and headed back home. On my way there, my mind was blank. I nearly forgot where i was going and started wandering random alleys in between streets.

After almost an hour, i had wandered to the other side of town and stopped in front of a strange pink themed cafe. Never seen anything like it. It was the only building painted in pink with vines growing up the walls. It wasnt really my style but something about it lured me in.

As i walked in i noticed the walls were lined with flower bouquets and beautiful floral arrangements as if this was a flower shop. Then i looked forward where there was a beverage menu and a couple of tables, it was a cafe afterall. What a strange place.

A friendly looking old lady appears at the counter as soon as i opened the door. She looked surprised. I didnt know why until i touched my face and felt wet tears coating my cheeks. Why did i suddenly start crying?

"Sit down boy" she rushed towards me and pointed to one of the tables. I quickly tried to rub away the tears with my sleeve and tell her that i was fine but she gripped my shoulders and sat me down before i could walk out. "What's wrong?" she asked. Somehow i felt compelled to tell her everything, my entire life story and most importantly about my fear of being rejected by my soulmate. She listened to me carefully and rubbed my back every time i started to cry again. Her employee had brought me some kind of herbal tea to calm me.

"He's the sweetest person, he wrote me kind notes every day since i was very young" i looked down at my arm where it was still clear of any notes which felt very strange. She listened but i noticed she was a little surprised when i said that. I hung my head and played with my thumbs. "I never answered though, im too scared" i sighed.

"Where are the notes now?" she asked looking at my bare skin.

"I erased them because a customer kept bugging me about it." i explained as i hid my forearm, feeling exposed without the kind words spread across. "But i bet now he hates me, i never removed his messages before"

The nice lady opened her mouth to speak but before she managed to say a word, the bell above the door chimed as another customer walked in. "Halmoni~" they cooed.

That voice, no way.

I abruptly shot my head back only to meet eyes with my ex-boyfriend.

Minhyuk

______________________________________________

Wtf this is trash
Im sorry for anyone reading this ahaha

If you're enjoying this
Thank you
And im sorry xD

Luv ya~