- One -

I was was walking along the same streets that i do every single day to and from my university. The air was crisp and cool, i shuddered slighly as a cold breeze brushed against my exposed ankles and i pressed my jacket closer to my skin to bring me more warmth. The sacrifices i make for the sakes of fashion.

As i do every morning, i stop by my favorite cafe that happens to be on the way to my campus. It is a unique cafe, unlike any other, which is why i love it so much. The place doubled up as a flower shop which made the atmosphere very peaceful. The scent of the various herbs and flowers mixed with the rich aroma of freshly ground coffee beans always pleased my sense of smell. In summer this place also serves interesting floral and fruity flavored ice cream and iced tea. Since it's nearing winter I'd much rather have a hot cup of coffee to fuel me up.

The old lady at the counter smiled brighly as i walked though the door into her shop. "Good morning changkyun-ah, you look as dashing as ever" she chuckled and i gladly returned her smile with one of my own.

"You flatter me, halmoni" i humbled while brushing my fingers through my hair. She always treats me like a son, complimenting me, encouraging me and giving me wise advice. I respect this woman almost as much as i respect my mother.

I lean onto the counter and pointlessly look at the menu hanging behind the counters knowing that i order the same exact beverage every single day. Her employee, a young high school girl, rushed out from the back and starting making the drink that she now could probably even prepare in her sleep. Strong black coffee with one sugar.

While she did that, i watched halmoni arrange the flowers in every vase and then i reached for some change in my jacket before placing it on the counter and holding out my hand to grab my fresh steaming cup of coffee. "Thank you, see you tomorrow halmoni, take it easy" i wave as i walked out of the shop. I was in a great mood today, i doubt anything could change that.

I walked calmly at a slow pace towards my campus, knowing that im very early. I enjoyed the scenery, the fiery hues of the leaves changing color before the cold season. As i brought my lips closer to my paper cup to carefully take a sip of coffee to warm myself up, there was an impact.

Someones hand smacked my back, making me jolt forward and scorching hot coffee spills over the rim and onto my hand. Too shocked to even react, i simply stare at my hand that was already starting to turn red from getting burned by the hot liquid. I close my eyes and bite my lip to hold myself back from shouting.

"Kyunnie" Minhyuk's whiney voice sounded from behind me. "Why are you going to school so early?" he hops into my field of vision and notices my pained and annoyed expression and realized what had happened. "Oh gosh im so sorry, kyunnie" he tried to grab my hand but i swatted it away, knowing that this guy was only going to make it worse. "Does it hurt?" he asks with worried puppy eyes.

I finally breathe out and shake my head. "I dont feel it anymore" i assure him as i switch my coffee to my other hand while trying to shake off the remaining drops of coffee on my other one.

"Anyways, isnt it your anniversary with Hyunwoo today?" i asked, trying to distract myself from the sting on my hand. "I was sure you were gonna miss school for him" i smirked and looked at the excited expression that Minhyuk was making. He looked like he was about to explode from happiness.

"You remembered?" he giggled and was about to playfully hit me again but stopped himself when i gave him a warning look. "I have a surprise planned for him" he winked with the most devilish smile dancing on his lips. I dont even want to know what kind of shenanigans this crazy man has in store for his poor boyfriend.

Minhyuk had been dating his soulmate Hyunwoo for a whole year now. Its great that he's happy but it makes me feel pretty lonely at times. Both him and my older brother have found their soul bound love. My brother being married already. I'm not even certain i have a soulmate at this point of my life. Since i was 3 years old i had been writing and doodling on my forearm as a daily routine, hoping to one day recieve a reply. Now at 22 its seems a little ridiculous walking around with my own good morning messages on my arm every day. I glance down at my wrist where smudged ink writing was poking out from under my sleeve.

Most people have a soulmate, not everyone cares though. The majority just live on normally, disregarding that fact and date whoever they want and that's their choice. In my case, when i was very young, my mom would tell me about the legend that stated that soulmates shared their skin and told me that if i write something on my skin, my soulmate would see it too. I was always fascinated by that story and since then writing on my arm had become a daily habit. My brother had found himself a wife that way, while i on the other hand, have got nothing but smudged ink on my hands every day. Not once in my 22 years have i ever recieved a reply.

"Kyunnie"

I was pulled back from my thoughts and i shot my eyes back at Minhyuk who had probably been talking this entire time about his boyfriend. I hummed in response when he called my name. He said nothing though, he just watched me as we walked up to the campus. Was there something on my face?

"Will you be alright on your own today?"

I scrunched my brows at his strange question. Why wouldnt i be? Im not a kid. He looked very concerned for some reason. Minhyuk might seem dense and like a huge airhead but this guy was sharp. He can read through your feelings with such ease it feels like he can read your mind sometimes. He had probably noticed my expression when i zoned out earlier. I just nodded and kept walking towards the school while my friend went back the other way to meet with his boyfriend.

When i arrived to my first class it was nearly empty, only a group of girls were sitting at the front of the room chattering obnoxiously. To avoid them being a distraction, i headed straight for the back of the class what was usually left unoccupied and put down my books and my bag as well as my coffee.

After organizing my notes and papers and finishing my coffee i got really bored waiting for the session to begin, i pull my felt tip pen out of my pencil case and pull back my right sleeve.

"Im bored"

"I hope you're doing well"

I scribbled on my arm under an unanswered "good morning" message from this morning. Minhyuk always tells me my hand writing is too boring and too professional but i never saw the problem with it. Unlike his, at least mine was decipherable. I stared at my arm and wondered if ill ever get a reply.

Will i ever meet my soulmate?

______________________________________________

Hey,
no one is gonna read this
but i dont really care

For that one person reading my story:
Enjoy my trash~

The next chapter will be in Jooheon's POV