"Jesus, Peter," he laughed, trying to hide his embarrassment as people looked at them, smiling kindheartedly, but it still made him anxious. "We've been here about an hour!"

"So? What's that got to do with it being your birthday?"

People were laughing now, and Eli's cheeks were flushing bright red. That old fear. He just hated it so much.

He pushed Peter up the stairs, apologising to everyone he passed. He shoved Peter into his bedroom and slammed the door shut.

"What the fuck was tha-" he began, turning back around but was instantly pushed back into the closed door, Peter's hands on either side of his head as he kissed him roughly, grinding against him as his tongue swept inside Eli's mouth before he pushed him away.

"Peter, you're drunk, we aren't doing this right now."

"I'm not drunk," Peter smirked, putting his wine glass down. "It was a joke. I love your mum and all, but that party was boring as hell. Thought I could spice things up a bit."

Eli turned back around, hitting his head repeatedly off the door, groaning. He turned back around, glaring at Peter.
"What did they do to you at University? You're so different."

"I'm not. I'm just having a bit more fun than when I still lived with my boring parents."

"What about me? Am I too boring for you?" Eli snapped, crossing his arms.

"What? No! Of course not! I didn't say that!"

"You implied it."

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

Peter paused before he started laughing, really laughing, so hard he had to sit down on Eli's bed to get his breath back.

"What's so funny?" Eli hissed, still angry.

"We sound like bickering two year olds," Peter grinned. "Especially you."

"No I don't!"

"You're doing it again," Peter pointed out, beginning to laugh again, and this time Eli couldn't help but join in. He sat down beside Peter on his bed, sighing deeply as he smiled.

"Sorry I snapped at you."

"It's alright, Schatzi."

They sat in silence for a while, Eli leaning his head on Peter's shoulder.

"Did you mean what you said?" He asked quietly after a few minutes. "About not being bored of me?"

"Of course I did, Schatzi!" Peter said quickly, turning around to him. "I could never get bored of you. You're so gorgeous, and unique, and amazing, and talented, and smart and amazing."

"You said amazing twice," Eli smiled softly, looking down at his lap.

"Because it extra true," Peter grinned, making Eli fake gag.

"You're so corny."

"And you're amazing," Peter smirked, earning himself a punch on the shoulder. He laughed as he pushed Eli lightly back before putting his finger under his chin and gently lifting his head up. "My treasure," he whispered, leaning forward and kissing him softly. "My Schatzi."

Eli practically melted under his words, pulling Peter back in for another kiss as soon as he pulled away from the first.

He was perfect. So fucking perfect. How could anyone not love him.

"I need to give you your present," Peter reminded him, sitting back. Eli grinned, leaning back on his heels as Peter took a small, black box from his jacket pocket, a little red bow tied around it. He handed it to Eli who took it, not sure what it could be.

He untied the ribbon and carefully opened the box. The inside was lined with white satin, and laid on that was a small pendant, about the size of his fingernail, on a thin silver chain. A silver treasure chest, overflowing with coins and gems, the coins shining in gold, the gems glittering in reds and greens and blues.

"Holy shit, Peter," he gasped, lifting it up. "You shouldn't have! It's gorgeous!"

"Put it on," Peter grinned. "Do you like it? Because if you don't, I can get you something else. I just thought, it's a treasure chest, and Schatzi means treasure..." he trailed off before Eli leant forward and kissed him again.

"No, I love it. It's perfect! Thank you so much!" He cried, wrapping his arms around him. "Thank you. I love you, I love you so much."

"Don't start thanking me yet," Peter said, pulling him away. "I have something else to give to you. But you have to come to my new house to get it."

It wasn't far to Peter's new place, and the journey there passed quickly, the two of them laughing and joking the whole way there, slightly giddy from the bottle of wine they'd been sharing.

It was a nice area. Every building looked new and clean. Very clean.

"It's this one," Peter said as he stopped in front of a house, handing a key to Eli. "Go ahead, go inside."

Eli took the key, confused as to what Peter needed to show him here instead of at his house. He opened the door and walked inside. Peter turned the lights on and shut the door behind them.

It was lovely. It was clean and light and fresh, every room immaculate, but just perfectly personal with all the little bits and bobs he remembered from Peter's old room.

"How come you never showed me this before?" He asked. "I love it!"

"Because I just moved in last week. My parents are spoiling me rotten, and who am I to say no?"

Eli looked down at the key in his hand, forgetting he still had it. He held it out to Peter, but he shook his head.

"No, you keep it. You need your own key."

Eli furrowed his brow, looking confused.
"What do you mean? Why?"

Peter grinned and walked closer, resting his hands on Eli's hips, kissing his forehead.
"I want you to move in."

Eli stared up at him, a huge grin spreading onto his lips, his eyes shining like stars.
"Oh my god, are you serious!" Peter just nodded, pulling him close before picking him up off the floor and spinning him around, giddy with excitement.

"It's been so lonely without you. I couldn't wait to ask you. Please say you will?"

"Of course! Of course!" Eli laughed, hugging Peter as tight as he could. "This is going to be amazing. I love you so fucking much."