( part ii. )

mark heard sirens wailing close to him, his eyes barely catching the black gravel his hands outstretched together on.

his life had flashed in a color of white and gold, bringing tears to his eyes before releasing a silent scream from the pain rushing through his veins.

in his ears, he heard nothing but ringing, cloudy alarms of arrest and ambulance, and the chirp of his phone.

mark wasn't sure whether the wet on his cheeks was blood or the panic he had, but both burned his flesh like hell in a matter of seconds.

the headlights that once floroushed yellow in his irises were blinding, mellow presence like a conceiving winter of jovial memories.

the numbness his whole body held was torture, as he a heard a masculine voice temper his ears.

"hey, hey, hey, kid. can you tell us your name?"

mark payed no attention to the question, so instead, with the little strength he had left, pointed to his phone in an officers hand as he was lifted into a cloud like feeling.

"s. . sun. cㅡcall,"

his vision was fading into ivory, his breath falling out of his lungs in quick saccato in which he panicked and weeped, and the lithe of his cheeks no longer thrived in his bones.

i didn't say goodbye.