09012021

the bus churned and came to a stop, as archie ogled at the open, creaking door of the bus.

"is this your stop, kid?" donghyuck raised a heavy eyebrow.

the "kid" came out as a strange habit, because obviously, archie seemed to be in his late teens and close to hyuck's age.

but it was the black and white cruel holds of adulthood that made his memories counter back, and the loquacious silence tear him apart.

"mhm. iㅡi'm just not sure how to get to my wanted destination, because i've never been to this part of incheon."

"where's your 'wanted destination'?"

archie mumbled, "the apartments,"

something about lee donghyuck interested archie to a full extent. the boy was like grunge, an ornery figure of height. his hair was stitch painted in ebony, and fringe covered his solace eyes.

his fingertips liked to graze the tattoo on his wrist, the turtleneck knitted sweater he wore made him look much younger, and behind his glassed eyes were scattered, smudged bits of eyeliner.

yet he looked to be in so much pain.

"ah. really? you can tag along, since i live in the apartments, and it's not too far." donghyuck managed to give a faint smile, as they stepped out of the travel bus.

"hey, donghyuck?"

"hm."

"how old are you?"

"i turned twenty one a few months agoㅡ it wasn't as much fun as you think it would be."

the japanese boy giggled, "i'm nineteen!" he stumbled out in english.