Chapter One

Priscilla 

I recently moved to a new neighborhood in San Diego. I'm having the worst day of my life! I don't know anyone here, I wish I was back in Seattle.

 I wait patiently for my mom to go shopping for the first day of my crappy new school. 

"Aren't you exicted for school honey??" She sweetly smiles. 

"I'm not." I fold my arms as a child who's throwing a tantrum. 

"Oh honey, I know you're bummed out but the reason why we moved was because of your father's job." She starts the car and began driving. My mom gasps and turns the song louder to full volume.

"MY FAVOURITE SONG!" She squeals faintly and sings off-key. 

"Mom, Stop." I covered my ears annoyingly.

Pissed, I turned of the radio and furrowed at her.

"It's Earth, Wind&Fire - September! Quit ruining my jam!" We arrived at the mall and got off. 

"You can still talk to your friends on the white ghost app!" I pinched the bridge of the nose and shook my head slowly.

"It's called Snapchat mom." I raised a brow. 

"What ever." She chirps.

We bought clothes and cold beverages. 

Suddenly, my mom gasps with excitement when she rushes to Bath&Body Works, dragging me with all the bags like a rag doll.

"It's on sale! Love this place! Right Priscilla?" She held two perfumes, smelling both of them at the same time. 

"Which one should I choose? Japanese Cherry Blossom or Country Apple?" Confused, my mom shoves them in my face and sighs. 

Rolled my eyes and began texting my best friend Reagan.

Reagan: I missed you terribly! It's so boring without you.

Me: Agreed. Hey, remember swimming at the lake every Thursday?

Reagan: 😩 I do remember. I hate being here all alone.

I laughed a bit.

Me: Look on the bright side, we can still talk on the phone and text......☹️ 

Reagan: Better than nothing, huh?

Me: Yeah...

"Forget it, I'm taking them both. Come on Priscilla." She marched to the cashier and pays the set. 

Me: Got to go. 

I turn my phone off and left the shop. As we were walking, I saw an art store that intrigued me. I stopped my tracks and walked in to the store, wandering around the aisles of art supplies.

My eyes suddenly scan a sketchbook attached with pricey pencils and pens. 

I suddenly heard mom clicking her heels down the aisles until she approached the aisle I was at. 

"Priscilla! I was looking for you!" She stops and scans at the art supplies.

Then she smiles. 

"You never get old of sketching? Let me buy it for you." She took the book and the pens. "It's expensive mom!" I looked at the price.

"I don't care if it's expensive or not, I just want you to be happy." We walked to the cashier. My mom swipes her credit card, waiting patiently. 

"Ma'am, your card denied." He had a confused expression until my mom raise her brows. 

"Let me try again," She again swipes it and waits.