1. Clementine

My life isn't what most people would call interesting, it's pretty boring actually. I get up to wash my face, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, and get ready for another boring day.

It's the beginning of January and also a new year, but sadly school is going to start again in a couple of days and I am not very excited, at least I only have one more semester left of senior year until I finally graduate. I haven't seen my friends since winter break started. They have been begging me to go out with them to shop and what not but I'm more of a stay at home reading books and watching movies kinda girl, and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon. I do miss my friends though: Maria is super pretty and is the only blonde in our group and as predicted all the guys go for her; then we have Liviana she is the only other bookworm in our group besides me; lastly, Mary, she is basically a brunette version of Maria.

Since I only have a couple of days left of break I'm go to the public library to read a couple of books I was too lazy to finish over the break. I go downstairs to tell my mom --Vivian-- that I'm gonna walk to the library.

"Natalia wait, let me drive you. Your aunt and I are going out right now, I can just drop you off on the way there," my mom suggests.

"No it's fine I want to walk, the weather outside is really nice anyway. Thanks for offering though." I reply

"Okay be safe, and text me when you get there"

I put my books in my bag and I head out the door. Even though it's January, it's super sunny, which is actually pretty normal for California. When I finally reach the library I go upstairs to my little corner where no one goes to so I won't be bothered. I pull my long brunette hair out of my face into a messy high ponytail to keep it out of my face. I pull out my books from my bag and I look for one book in particular, Legend by Marie Lu, it's at least my fifth time reading it.

...

After finishing the last few chapters I get up to go look for the second book in the trilogy. As I walk to the aisle where I know the book is at, I feel someone walking by me and bumping my shoulder. As I turn around to see the person, I see a tall, dark-haired, guy walking away from me. My anger gets the best of me as I walk up to him to say I don't even know what.

"Um excuse me," I say with an angry tone in my voice.

He just looks at me up and down like I am a crazy person, which angers me more.

"Uh do you need something," he asks in an annoyed manner.

"No- yes, you just walked past me bumping my shoulder dropping all of my books. The least you could say is sorry."

The rude but attractive guy simply rolls his eyes and continues on the same path he was on until I confronted him.

I roll my eyes and whisper "jerk" under my breath. He heard my insult towards him making him chuckle and look over his shoulder at me. I mock his laugh and start walking back to my little corner forgetting why I even left it.

I decide to finally leave once I start to feel my stomach growling signaling me that I am hungry. As I walk out I see the guy that I encountered earlier in the library, in a black Audi r8. He rolls down his window as he slowly drives past me.

"I'll see you around, Clementine."

I am confused to a whole new level. Didn't we hate each other not too long ago, and is he mistaking me for another girl or something. But I don't bring up the fact that he called me different name.

"Uh okay then," I say to myself.