"We really need to get a ladder outside your window," Ian laughed softly. Then, he pulled me into his tight embrace and ran his fingers through my hair.

It's fairly easy to conclude that any day without Ian is a bad day.

"Don't cry, beautiful," he murmured. "Your parents?"

I shrugged and nodded. "A bad day, altogether, honestly." Ian interlaced our fingers and pulled me to my bed.

"Tell me about."

"Well," I sighed, wiping my face. As ugly of a crier that I am, I never felt self conscious around Ian about it. I know he loves me, it's no secret to me. "First I got a C on that thing for government that I worked really hard on, a B on my English project, and I had to sit alone at lunch today."

"Where were Kaila and Mason?" His soft voice was incredibly soothing; I've been waiting all day to hear it.

"Mason got a lunch detention, and Kaila was meeting someone for a study session or something."

"I'm sorry your day was so rough."

"My parents weren't any help either," I mumbled. "But you're here now."

"Josie Elle, there will never be a day that I am not here for you." I turned my head to kiss him lightly for his sweetness. "What was tonight's fight about?"

I rolled my eyes and shrugged. "My dad wanted to go out, my mom didn't want him to, you know the drill." The drill is that they make it their mission to find something stupid and totally pointless to fight about every single day. "How'd you know to come over?"

Ian chuckled at my question. "I was going to come over after I went home and showered, but Anthony texted me and said you weren't having the best day. So naturally, I skipped the shower and climbed the side of your house to get to your window." It was my turn to chuckle.

Ian Miller is my light. He brightens up my whole world, no matter what's happened. A bad day is made good when I get to see Ian and hear his silly jokes and feel his warm touch. Everything he does puts a smile on my face and makes my heart skip a beat. Everyone needs a person as genuine as Ian Miller in their lives. A world without Ian is a world I couldn't even imagine.

"You're going to change the world some day, you know that?" I said, tracing random patterns on his hand that was still holding mine.

"With you by my side, love, anything is possible."

Just like that, my bad day was cut short, and I have Ian to thank.

And I guess I owe some gratitude to Anthony. He may have been a bit occupied to reply to my call or text, but he made sure I wasn't left alone. He's always had my back, all my life.

"I'm glad Anthony texted you." Sure, he would've came over sooner or later, but I didn't mind that he was a bit smelly. I just needed my boy.

"He's a good brother." He is, indeed.

"So is Hayden." Which is also true.

Ian and I both got very lucky to have amazing older brothers who have guided us all of our lives and been our designated best friends. I can only hope and pray that my future kids will have a relationship with each other like Anthony and I did or Hayden and Ian did.

I want my kids to be able to go to their siblings for anything. Like when I asked Anthony how to tell Ian I liked him, or when I had my first drink of alcohol and was overwhelmed with guilt and Anthony was there to talk some sense into me. Or for all of the times our parents have fought throughout the years and Anthony held me as we listened from his bedroom. We've kept each other sane over the years.

•••

Here's a flashback chapter! These are always fun to right because I love writing about Ian and Josie together, but now they aren't NOT together ;) hahaha

Do your parents fight often?
Mine don't that often, but when they do I do get really sad. Parents fighting can really make a kid feel like they are at the bottom of the planet, ya know?

Hope you guys enjoyed this cute, short chapter!

I've had a rough week, not going to lie to you guys. It's just been very... unfortunate and unexpected. :/ really working towards turning my life around, so we'll see.

Don't forget to...
Vote
Comment
Follow
Share
Check out my other stories!

- Emily