six

Ethan, through his nerves, smiles and nods shyly. He wasn't expecting for this to be the way they officially meet. In a way, he's appreciative that it finally happened because he was still trying to rack his brain on how to reveal himself to her. So now, he doesn't have to because it's already been done.

"I knew your voice sounded like one of an angel." He comments, finding the confidence to speak.

Emma blushes, "It's nice to finally meet you, my secret admirer."

Ethan takes the moment to really analyze her, since she was standing in front of him. She looked a little sleepy, but nonetheless gorgeous. The sleepy daze only added to her beauty. Her hair was down, the ends were just a little bit wavy, and it was really tempting for him to reach out and touch it. She was smiling. That alone drove him crazy.

She debated on stepping closer and shaking his hand but figured that was way too formal for someone that had been saying the sweetest things about her. She instead goes for a hug, figuring he definitely deserved it.

He sees her bring her arms toward him and takes the moment to wrap his arms around her waist. She was even tinier close up, he thought. He has to lean down to shorten the height gap and he rests his head on her shoulder for a short moment. She smelt heavenly.

He had no idea that stepping out of his apartment to leave her another note this time would result in the two of them finally meeting. He enjoyed the feeling of her small frame against his.

They eventually let go and Emma's stomach was in knots. He was even more handsome up close. She could feel her cheeks redden purely from his embrace.

"You're so pretty, Emma." Ethan states, grinning so widely his face started to slightly hurt.

Emma looked down and hid her blushing cheeks, all while smiling. She's so thankful that it wasn't someone strange leaving her notes that led to her death. Instead, she got something beautiful out of this exchange.

Ethan takes her chin in his hand, pulling her face up to look at him. God, could her eyes sparkle anymore, he thought. He doesn't want to make a move too early, so instead he opts for gently pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

Emma shies away and nestles her head onto his chest, wrapping her arms around him again. She doesn't know what to do exactly, but she knows she's been waiting for this moment for a while and it just feels right.

Ethan takes his hand and places it on the back of her head and rests his chin atop of her head. He sighs in contentment.

"Emma?" He whispers.

She lifts her head up and mutters quietly, "Yes?"

"It's late, you should get some rest. Leave me your phone number and I'll text you in the morning, okay?" He says.

She nods and takes Ethan's phone from his hands and enters her phone number, returning his phone back to him afterwards. He then texts her, so she would have his number also.

"Goodnight, Em." Ethan says.

She hugs him one last time, "Goodnight, Ethan."