Prologue!

Dougie read through the newspaper and saw an ad about audition for a band.

“Wow, Rain, look at this” he said showing her the ad.

“What’s that?” she questioned.

“It’s an ad about an audition for a new band” he said excited.

“Wow, that’s awesome” she said smiled excitedly.

“I know right? They need a bassist and a drummer” he said excitedly.

“You should go” she said.

“You sure?” he asked

“Of course I am, I know how much you want to be in a band, and it’ll be a good opportunity to show how good you really are, and I know how good you are” she said and hugged him.

“If you say so” he said smiling and kissed her cheek.

The next day they took the train to London and a taxi to the building where the audition were held.

“Are you auditioning?” A blonde girl asked with a smile.

“Yes, I’m Dougie Poynter, I’m gonna audition for the bass player” he said with a smile.

“Right…” she said as she wrote something down on a piece of paper.

“Take this, and please don’t throw it, please go inside and there’s a sofa and a few chairs, sit there and wait and I’ll get to you when you can go inside to audition” The blonde said and smiled again.

He looked over at Rain and took a deep breath before he walked inside.

They sat there for about an hour or so before the blonde girl came over to them again.

“Dougie Poynter?” she asked

He looked up and nodded.

“It’s your turn” she said, he got up and followed her into a room, with one chair and a bass and drums.

There was a table in the back of the rooms where two boys sat.

“Good luck” the girl whispered and left.

“What’s your name?” the brown haired boy asked 

“My name is Dougie Poynter” Dougie started before he ran over to one of the trashcans and vomited.

“Sorry about that” he said nervously and blushed.

“It’s totally fine, here, take this” the blonde guy laughed and handed Dougie a glass of water.

He smiled and drank some of it.

“Are you ready to play some for us now?” the browned haired boy said laughing.

Dougie nodded as he took up the bass and started to play.

When he was done playing the song, the two boys grinned widely.

“If you write down your number here, we’ll call you to let you know if you got the spot or not” The blonde guy said grinning. 

“Thanks” Dougie said with a wide smile on his face.

He wrote down his number and name and walked out to an over excited Rain who was tired of waiting.

“Did you get the job, spot, part thing or whatever it’s called” she asked jumping up and down in excitement.

“I don’t know, they said they would call me to let me know” he smiled as he dragged her out of the building.

*The Next Day*

“Wow, you’re serious?” Dougie asked in the phone excitedly and surprised.

“Yeah, you got it, mate. You’re our new bassist” Danny, the brown haired boy, giggled in the phone to Dougie.

“Oh my god, thank you thank you thank you, I’m so happy now, this has to be the best news ever.” Dougie said happily

“If it’s ok, we would like you to move to London and live with me, Tom and our new drummer, Harry” Danny said.

“Sure, that’s cool, where should I meet you guys, and when?” Dougie asked excited.

“If you could meet us on the train station on Friday that would be cool, then we could all go through the house together” Danny said.

“Right, that’s cool, I’ll see you all on Friday then” Dougie said and they hung up.

Rain looked at him with sadness in her eyes, she had overheard him, and for what she had heard, he got it, he’s their new bass player, and that meant he had to move.

He looked at her, the excited eyes died when he saw Rain’s eyes.

“I guess this will be goodbye then” she said with tears in her eyes.

“I’m sorry Rain, but they want me to move with them” he said, he felt awful for leaving her.

“It’s ok, you should move to London, it’s your dream to become a famous bass player and this is your opportunity to become one.” Rain said faking a smile.

“Will you come say goodbye to me at the train station at 10am on Friday?” he asked hopefully.

She shook her head.

“It’ll be too painful to actually see you leave” she said tears falling down from her hazel eyes.

“I think it’ll be over between us now that you’re moving away” she continued saying as she dried away some tears away from her cheek.

“We could try to have a long distance relationship” he said in panic holding her hands staring into her eyes.

“No, you know I don’t believe in those” she said and looked down.

“Goodbye, I believe in you, you’re gonna go far, I’m sure will” she said and kissed him on the lips and left.