"Emery and I aren't talking anymore. Last month, we got into a huge fight and we've barely talked since then. Then this weekend at a party, we got into another argument and I punched her. Not a big deal. Come to find out, she feels like I'm a threat to the people I work with. So, she's being a bitch." He nods as he processes the information slowly. 

"What was the whole fight about?" I shrug.

"She thought I was hiding something." I decide to be vague in hopes of concealing the truth for just a little while longer.

"Hiding what?" I fall silent and pick at my fingernails. "C'mon, you can tell me."

"She thinks I'm sleeping with Br-Mr. Urie." I feel myself turning red as he looks away from me.

"Well.. are you?" His eyes meet mine, and I feel like he'll be able to tell if I look back at him, so I don't.

"No, of course not. I wouldn't do that. I'm not that kind of person." You're such a liar.

"Maybe she was just hurt. She wouldn't act like that unless she felt like she had a reason. She's not a bitch." I sense an unsteadiness in him as he speaks about Emery and I realize that it probably wasn't the smartest thing to invite him over to talk about his ex.

"You still love her, don't you?" He doesn't say anything, which gives me the answer I need. I go to grab his hand, but the door swings open.

"What the fuck-"

"Shit."

"Mr. Urie?" I immediately stand up from my spot. Connor looks from me back to Brendon and I try to pretend he isn't here.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hiss as the door shuts behind him.

"Why is he here?" Connor's voice echoes behind me and instead of answering the question, I turn back to Brendon. I grab a fistful of his shirt and drag him into my bedroom, slamming the door.

"What the hell, B? What are you doing here?" At this point, I'm basically yelling, fully knowing Connor can probably still hear.

"I wanted to talk about what happened tonight. How was I supposed to know he'd be here?"

"You know what could've helped? Knocking. That's usually what people do when they want to come inside someone's house." I run my hands through my hair. "Jesus Christ, you've got to be kidding me. Of all the times you could've showed up, it had to be right now?"

I take a deep breath before I start to panic.

"Shit. Okay. Stay here and we'll talk about it, but for now, I have to fix that." I point behind me to the door and Brendon nods, a lot less angry than he was when he came in.

"Fine." I open the door to reveal Connor exactly where I left him.

"Let me explain."

"So you are sleeping with him?"

"No! Okay, yes, but-"

"Seriously? Are you kidding? You tried to get me to sympathize with you or whatever, by lying?" I squeeze my eyes shut, mostly in embarrassment. "Were you ever going to say something about it? Or did you just want to complain about losing a friend because she thought you were doing something that you were actually doing? Things probably would've ended differently if you would've been honest with her." His tone suggests that he isn't as angry as I anticipated, but he's definitely not happy.

"What do you think?" My throat tightens as he sighs. He lightly shakes his head and his hands slap his legs as they swing down.

"I think you're being a dumb-ass. But it's your life. If you want to spend it screwing your boss, who am I to get in the way? It's not like I work with you guys anymore." I suppress a smile of relief and breathe.

"I'm sorry. I should've said something, but I got scared. I didn't want you to get angry, and I sure as hell can't lose another friend."

"You don't have to worry about that." He glances over to my bedroom door. "He's still in there?" I nod. "I think you should bring him out." I lightly groan as I open the door. Brendon's eyes meet mine and he looks like a kicked puppy.

"Come here." He doesn't question it as he gets up and walks out cautiously.

"Hey, Connor. What's been up these days?" I elbow him in the side and he curses.

"Don't make it weird, jackass."

"Fine. Bitch." He mutters the last part under his breath and I elbow him again. I guess we're both still angry at one another for what happened tonight. For some reason, that feels like it was forever ago, but the image of him and Kylie all over each other still burns behind my eyes.

"It's already weird." Connor looks between the two of us, an uncomfortable look on his face. "So.. are you guys.. dating?" In unison, we say:

"Kind of."

"No."

We wildly look at each other in confusion and Connor chuckles, grabbing his jacket and keys off the table.

"I'm gonna head out. I think you guys have some stuff to sort out."