Lance smiled, but in a sympathetic way. He set down the ice cream and sat next to me. He gently put his hand on my tense shoulder, which actually made it relax a bit.

     "Look, Keith didn't want me to tell you, but I know you'll get all worried if I don't. He's camping out in my room right now, so you won't find him." He said softly.

     Sadness. Guilt. I sighed, looking at my plate in sorrow. "That doesn't surprise me..."

     "Just give him some time to calm down. I can tell you two had a really heated argument." Lance exclaimed. "Look, it's not my business so I didn't, and I won't, ask what happened. But just know both of you need time to calm down."

     I said nothing, still not making eye contact with Lance.

     "Just know he's safe, and in good hands until you're ready to make up." Lance said comfortingly.

      I looked up at him, almost in disbelief. "How the hell do you know how to comfort me, Lance?" It was in admiration. Lance has always seemed a bit too self absorbed to really connect with people this deeply, but here he was answering all my questions and worries before I even think them.

      Lance shrugged, his ego showing a bit. "Like I said, I have a big family." He stated. "Sometimes people need an anchor; someone that has no sides or opinions. Someone that can help you see clearly. That someone has always been me."

      I was almost on the verge of tears. Lance has somehow filled my emptiness again. He's a fucking angel. I quickly brought him into a hug, a vulnerable hug where I opened myself up to him.

     "Thank you..." I whispered, my voice choked on the threatening tears.

     Lance smiled a bit, then patted me on the back. "Anytime, Shiro."

     Then he broke the hug, smiling at me more. "Now that you know Keith's safe and in good hands, you should focus on yourself and making up."

     I nodded, smiling a bit. In gratitude.

    "Well then, I'm off." He grabbed his ice cream as he stood up, and went to leave, then stopped. "By the way-"

   "-Keith can't tell the difference between real ice cream and fake Altean ice cream."

     I snorted a bit, knowing Keith had never been the keenest in tastes. It was good to laugh a little, after all that had gone down.

      It was good to smile again.

              ...............................

    "Keith..!" I woke up suddenly in a cold sweat.

     After thinking on it for the entire day, I had decided to make up with him the next day, or maybe even the day after. I went to sleep, hoping to feel ready the next morning.

     But my nightmare illustrated my fears of loosing Keith, and I realized I was ready to make up NOW. In fact, I was desperate to make up now.

    I sprinted out of bed, darting for my door in the middle of the night, but halted.

     Keith probably doesn't want to see me... He probably needs more time.

    I bit my lip, sitting on my bed. I closed my eyes, trying to meditate to figure out his emotions through my own.

     ...mutual?

    Suddenly, before I could make any decision, my bedroom door swung open to fast it hit the wall.

     The figure in front of me was also out of breath and desperate, in a cold sweat. The figure had raven black hair, and a chubby mid section.

    "Keith..!" I was in disbelief.

    "Shiro..!" Keith sputtered back, out of breath.

     We stood their for a second, our emotions swirling into one. Then,

     "I have to tell you something..!" In unison. We both said it at the same time.

    "You first." I said hurriedly, wanting to make sure Keith knew I would listen to him.

     "No, you." Keith insisted.

     But I shook my head. "You were the one who charged into my room in the middle of the night, you should tell me what's on your mind."

     "I- Well I- I uh-" He stammered, obviously nervous. "I just..." he sighed, then took a deep breath.

    "I'm sorry."

     My eyes widened. But Keith went on.

     "I should've told you what happened, I shouldn't of hidden it and I shouldn't of been so mean to you and Allura." He sputtered. "I know I acted like an idiot, and I'm really sorry, Shiro.

     I shook my head, walking over to him slowly. "No, I'm sorry. I overreacted with you, and I didn't listen to what you were saying. You were right, I should've focused on how you felt, not just me."

    Then Keith's tears started up. They started pouring out of his eyes as he began to ramble. "But I hid what I did from you, and you're right what was I thinking?! I tried to get rid of the baby..! I tried to-"

     I cut him off. Whether it was instinct or pure skill, I knew exactly what to do.

     I cut him off as I pulled him into a kiss. It was a long kiss, showing Keith that I didn't care anymore. I only cared that he was okay.

     He gratefully accepted, and melted into our kiss. He was still crying, but it slowed when I kissed him.

     I finally broke the kiss, cupping his cheeks to look into his eyes. They were filled with sadness and guilt, but also of relief.

     "I will always chase after you Keith. We all make mistakes, but I will always forgive you. But if there's one thing you take from today, then take this;"

    "I will always love you."

    His eyes widened in spectrum as more emotions filled his irises. His lip trembled into a slow smile.

    "An asshole loving another asshole..." he said quietly but playfully even though his eyes were streaming tears.

     I snorted a little and smiled at his joke.

     Then Keith melted in my hand more, his voice hoarse. "But you're the best asshole in this damned universe. And I'll love you through any timeline."

     He leaned up for another kiss, and this time my emotions made it extremely passionate. I straddled him a little, pulling him into me tightly. Then my hand wandered down to his belly, feeling the bump lovingly. He yelped a little in surprise, but soon his hand was placed over mine.

     After what seemed like forever of just holding each other Keith yawned, letting me know it was past his bedtime. I led him to my bed, spooning him tightly so he couldn't leave again.