Chapter Fifteen

WE ALMOST AT 10k VIEWS OML

Shiro's POV:

     I woke up that morning feeling empty. Not in my heart, not in my head, but in my arms.

    Keith was gone. My arms were wrapped around his pillow and his warmth from the bed was starting to fade.

     "KEITH!!" My eyes quickly snapped open, my sudden adrenaline forcing me awake quicker then expected. I shot out of my bed and ran around the room looking for him.

    Did he run away again?! Fuck!! My desperation suddenly came to a halt as I swung open the bathroom door.

    Keith had been in the bathroom and was trying to return to bed when I almost bowled him over.

    "Ahh..!" Keith groaned a little when the door slammed against the wall with a bang.

    "Keith..!" I quickly wrapped him in my arms. "God dammit, stop leaving..!"

    "Mmph!!" Keith mumbled as his face was shoved into my chest. He broke away a bit so he could breathe.

    "Shiro... I was just using the bathroom-" he suddenly flinched. His eyes widened as he turned three shades of green. He quickly broke our hug and raced for the toilet, keeling over. He gagged before his dinner came up.

     I automatically raced for a towel under the sink, getting on his level and rubbing his back. I could feel him tense up badly, and I started to rub his stomach too, worried for the baby. When he finally relaxed, I started to clean him up.

    "Are you sick?! What's going on???" I was paranoid and freaked out.

   But Keith, surprisingly, was quite calm. "Morning sickness, Shiro. It's a side effect." He took the towel from me and started to clean himself.

    That's when I realized he'd done it before. A lot. He was so calm about the whole situation, this must be happening frequently.

    "O-Oh." I stammered a bit embarrassed. I chuckled a little. "Sorry.. I forgot about the side effects."

    He shook his head to say 'its nothing' then began to wash out his mouth.

    "Have you... have you been dealing with that all this time..?" I said, a little amazed and horrified.

    Keith nodded. "It's not a big deal Shiro-"

   "Yes it is!! You're in pain, you shouldn't be!" I walked over and grasped his arm as he tried to pull away. "There's got to be something Allura can do. Let's go see her. "

   Keith's eyes widened. "I can't do that..! She hates me now!" Then he looked away guiltily. "Besides... I caused you all so much pain... it's just the world giving me what I deserve."

  "Keith, don't talk like that!!" I pulled on his arm so he was facing me again. "You need to stop blaming yourself for this. I got you pregnant. It takes two people, Keith. Not one." I insisted.

    "But I left, and made everyone do a pointless mission to find me..! Stop acting like I'm innocent in all this..!" He gritted his teeth in rebuttal.

   "I never said you were innocent, Keith." I said slowly. "Running away was on you, and you alone."

   Keith flinched.

   "...but I understand why you did it. Keith, it's okay. We all make mistakes. You need to let go of it, and so does Allura. She doesn't hate you, she's just frustrated." I explained, best I could. "You don't deserve any sort of pain."

     Keith finally relented, but the guilt and misery was still painted all over his face. My eyebrows furrowed sadly as I felt him let his emotions eat him up.

   "Keith..." I said softly. I placed my hand gently on his cheek.

    He took the offer and let his face sink into my hand as a few tears began to form and fall.

    "...I'm s-sorry..." Keith whispered, barely legible.

     "For what?" I asked softly.

     "...I'm sorry that I'm preg-..." the last word was choked on as he started crying.

     I shook my head and shushed him, smiling softly as I wiped his tears away. "Don't apologize for something that I already love."

    His eyes widened and his cheeks tinted red.

Keith's POV:

    When Shiro told me he loved it, I was speechless. That was the last thing I'd ever thought I'd hear come out of his mouth.

    My emotions of guilt and sadness halted when he whispered those words. My brain was trying to calculate what I'd just been told.

    He... is looking forward to the baby..?

    Shiro smiled at my reaction and let his hand slide down my hip, moving into my mid section. He massaged my baby bump gingerly and leaned in to kiss me.

    I wasn't used to the crazy amount of affection, but I kissed him back anyway.

    Our first kiss in months.

    It felt amazing, like it was so right. I felt my tummy flip excitedly when he brought me into himself; his thick bod incasing mine perfectly.

     After our seemingly hour long kiss, he pulled away gently. He patted my tummy and grinned. "Now let's go get you some medicine."

    I sighed, my fear of Allura's anger ebbing back, but I chose to follow Shiro.

    "Okay. Let's go."