Chapter Eleven

We missed a boy. It's time to bring him back~

Keith's POV:

      Before anyone could stop me, I hopped in the escape pod and fled. All of the voices inside of me; the doubt. I silenced them as I got away. I watched behind me as the Castle of Lions grew smaller and smaller, until it hurt too much to look back.

     For a good hour I was paranoid. I got off my path multiple times, waiting with anxiety for the black lion to suddenly appear in front of me.

     But a few hours passed, and I never saw any Lions behind me.

    Finally, I laughed my anxiety away a bit. Ease settled in that the Paladins hadn't found me.

    It's all over.

    The hiding, the guilt, the aching, everything.

    It's over...

    The laughing, the smiling, the friendships, the happiness.

    I bit my lip so hard it bled.

    The doubt was crazy harsh. After the embrace Shiro gave me after dinner, I almost abandoned my plan completely. His hug felt so right, and warm. I felt safe with him there.

     But I had put so much time into this escape plan, I couldn't waste my efforts. Besides, Shiro has no idea that I'm pregnant with his kid.

    He has no idea what he'd be signing up for if I had stayed...

   Finally, I concluded in my mind that I was doing this for our sake. Not just mine, but his too.

    Then, I bursted out sobbing.

               ...........................

    What seemed like years passed on. I had already dug into my food stash, and it was starting to run low.

    I had a location in mind; a neutral planet named Iocralli. I found out about it by talking to Coran. It apparently has an all-alien hospital, and has been untouched by the Galra Empire (a rare-ass planet). But what I'm hoping for, is that because the Galra haven't gotten to yet, neither has Voltron.

     So no one will recognize me.

     This planet was pretty far off, and I had gotten enough food to get me there, but my paranoia of being found out made me loose my direction. Now, I had no idea where I was.

     I looked numbly at my hands. I'd been crying for hours, so much so that my eyes were dry.

    I wonder if Shiro is thinking about me...

Shiro's POV:

      When we figured out Keith had taken the pod, all hell broke loose. I didn't even have to give orders, nor was I mentally able to, everyone knew what to do. Pidge and Lance made a beeline to the software to try and connect with the pod as well as check the cameras; Allura tried to pinpoint its location since the pod was Altean, and Hunk and I got suited up.

     In the changing room, all was silent but paced. I was starting to loose my mind.

     Hunk had put on his gear and looked at me. "Uh, Shiro? Your breastplate is on backwards."

    "Argh!" I frustratedly threw off my armor and sank down on the bench, clawing my hands through my white hair.

    Hunk sat down next to me and patted me on the back comfortingly. "I know you're usually the father figure around here, but I'm taking over for a hot minute." He said calmingly.

     I couldn't take it. I had to let out some of my stress. "Hunk...I think it's my fault Keith left." I said slowly.

    "Why is that?" He asked soothingly, rubbing my back supportively.

    "I-We-" I bit my lip. And finally, "We've... we've had... kind of a thing for each other. But he suddenly just stopped communicating with me..! I- I must have done something wrong..." I spilled.

    Hunk didn't seem surprised. "I thought you two had something going on."

    My eyes widened. "Were we that obvious?!"

    He laughed a little. "No, I'm just good at reading people." Then his expression changed to sympathetic. "I'm sure it's not your fault, Shiro. Keith has always overreacted in the past, what we need to focus on now is getting him back."

    He gave me a friendly tight hug, and that was all I needed. I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

    I let out a sigh of relief, took a deep breath, then got up. I put the rest of my armor on, and signed for Hunk to follow me to our lions. 

    When I got to my lion, Hunk and I set out immediately. Luckily, Pidge and Allura had honed in on the pod's location, however unfortunately couldn't connect with the pod.

    We'd be able to catch up to the pod soon, but we had a few hours to kill.

    And in those hours, I was paranoid as fuck.

    What if he gets hurt?!

    What if I can't save him?!?!

    I shook my head to those thoughts, speeding up my Lion.

    "Shiro! You copy?"

     Lance..?

     I clicked on my radio. "Lance? What's going on?"

    "We're alone on this radio call. I think I sound really crazy, but I think you should know. I have a suspicion about Keith..."

    "Yeah??"

    "Well, I've lived with a big family all my life, and have helped a lot of my family members with having kids-before you call me crazy, hear me out."

    "Lance, I'm all ears."

     "Well, I've checked the footage, and the little information we have on Keith. I've also been observing his behavior; his weird emotional spins, eating habits etc. Now, normally I'm not one to document habits and all that but... Shiro..?"

     Silence.

     "I think Keith is pregnant."