"I'm sorry momma, but he wouldve killed you if I didnt say anything-"

"But now youre in danger sweetie, you should've escaped when you could-"

"No momma! I dont care! We'll find Ameth."

Shoi looked up to see Boz's widened eyes. Boz had stood still, watching the two bicker as he studied the burn mark on the child. It seemed to be nearly fresh, meaning the child still had some time before the King of Crystal would come and take what he was promised.

"Gwon, w-we cant give Ameth back to him. Gwon how do you even know if hes alive?!"

Gwon clenched his mouth, tears close to spilling. "If it wasnt for him we wouldn't be in this situation momma!"

Shoi looked at Gwon with sad eyes, her heart breaking in two. She wouldnt lose two sons, losing one already haunted her. "No Gwon, everything would be so much worse. I wouldnt have you here with me. I would still be trapped in that castle. Gwon, everything happens for a reason. We cannot return Ameth back to Crystal."

"Ameth has caused so much trouble for you momma, its what we have to do, then we can be free-"

"No Gwon," Shoi said, her voice cracking from hearing her son speak with a bitter tongue. This wasnt her Gwon.

"Look at me, we cant harm Ameth and bring him back to Crystal, do you know what could happen if you did?"

Boz suddenly stepped forward, leaning down to face the child. His brows were furrowed, watching in curiosity and the kid spoke with confidence.

"The king would try to conquer all the territories, making all the kingdoms fall under him. There wouldnt be a safe place for anyone. You know the streets of Crystal, youve seen them, is that what you want for Blinton and the other kingdoms?"

Gwon shook his head, looking down as he imagined the streets of Crystal. Harsh people yelling and fighting, animals nearly eating the passed out people on the streets from hunger. It was full of thieves, gamblers, crime lords, and so forth.

"I-Im sorry momma," Gwon nodded as he apologized and held his mother closer. The woman looked up and smiled sadly at the guard, her friend nodding in return.

"I shall personaly take you to the castle, I am sure King Taehyung would be delighted to have you there-"

"Dont tell him what happened, ok? I dont need him to be worrying about my well being, its only another burden."

"Shoi," the guard said, looking at her with soft eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you that youre not a burden? We all care about you."

Shoi sighed but nodded, knowing she had no other way with her friend. It wasnt long before she was scopped up and put into the carriage, Gwon curling into her lap. She could feel every bump on the dirt road, her head bobbing to the sides as she tried to rest.

However, she couldnt sleep with the image of the King in her mind. She dreaded ever seeing his face again, memories of her youth tormenting her. She remembered how his guards had caught her and Gwon.

"Ill make your favorite soup when we get back to the house yeah?" Shoi had asked, Gwon laughing as he played with the stray cat that had followed them, he nodded and continued on.

Shoi had felt eyes on them but thought none of it, she always felt as though she was being watched. Once she saw her house in the distance, her heart calmed down, no longer beating in fear.

"Momma!"

Gwon had suddenly disappeared from in front of her, she had only looked away to spot the house for a few seconds.