Chapter 22

Delilah's POV

Today was the day that I would definitely come up with a plan to take down this pack.

And I'm fxcking serious.

I can't keep holding back like this. My dad is depending on me. He believes in me to make a change to the pack and I don't plan on watching it burn to ashes after everything I've worked for.

I was strong. I was a commander. I am a Alpha.

And I don't want anyone to tell me other wise.

My plan is that I would create a distraction, making all of Devon's guards leave the pack and that will lead to only Devon and I.

And that's where the fun starts.

It would be easy. Too easy. I would distract Devon with my charm, lead him to a place far way from here and  then tie him up for a while as I claim my rightful territory.

I'm done with this whole mate shit. It was fun while it lasted but its time that I finally get down to business. Something had to be done.

And I'm probably just gonna try and get this thing off of my neck.

Nooo! Star growls

Be quiet Star. Its for the best. I say bitterly.

No, its not. And you can't get rid of that mark. She replies back coldly.

Oh yeah? Watch me. I block her out.

I know she probably wouldn't be talking to me for a while, but that's okay. I'm doing the right thing. Its going to benefit the both of us.

She'll thank me for doing all of this later.

..........

"Hello?" I say, answering my phone.

"Hello my love." A deep voice says. I smile appears on my face at his voice but immedieatly disappears at remembering my plan.

"H-Hi." I say shakingly. As much as I want to crush my mate, I can't get rid of the tingles that he's able to send down my spine.

"How are you?" I hear some shuffling in the back ground. "I'm sorry that I am not there to be with you. The conference won't be over until the next two days."

"Its okay." I say shakily.

I clear my throat to get rid of the emotion in my voice. "I mean, I'm not worried about it."

"I think you are." He chuckles. "And I think..." he trails.

"That you can't stop thinking about what I did to you at my parents house." His voice goes deep, causing my breathing to pick up.

"I don't think about it." My voice breaks.

"Really?" I can basically see him smiling. "Well, I can't stop thinking about it. The way you moaned my name as I pleasured you. The way you tightened your hold on me as I brought you to your peak. If doing that makes you crazy, imagine when I'm actually..."

"I gotta go Devon!" I say quickly, hanging up the phone.

I go to the bathroom, watching off my face to the heat I was feeling in my cheeks and in another region.

Oh shit. I have got to get myself together. I have got to learn to control myself whenever I'm around Devon. Heck, he wasn't even here and my entire body craves for him!

"Delilah?" The door opens, revealing James. "I have a message for you."

"What kind of message?" My eyes travel to the paper in his hand. This isn't the first time I've been getting a 'message' from the pack members. Its been consistent. Day after day with different quotes, or threatenings and I was tired of it.

I place down my towel, walking out of the bathroom.

"I can't say. Its not my place to read what's not mine." He smiles. I shake my head, taking it from him.

'We'll be together soon my love. Just give it time.'

"Did Alpha Devon send this?" I whisper.

"No. I believe it was someone who I was told, came here just a few days ago to see you."

"Fxck." I say under my breath. "Are you sure?"

"Positive." His brows knit in confusion. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, no, shit I need to sit down." I say, and on que, a headache starts pounding in my head.

"Here." James says, leading me to the bed. "You should rest. You look pale."

"Because I am feeling pale James. Fxcking hell, I need some water." I say, sitting on the bed.

"Do you want me to get you some?" He asks, looking worried.

"Yes, please. Thank you." I sigh again, falling back unto the bed. As soon as he leaves, I rush towards the phone.

"I was hoping you'd call." I roll my eyes at his tone.

"Yeah I know you hate me. But I need to tell you something."

"I'm all ears." Jake says.

"Stephan needs to be escorted out of the pack immedietly. Why? Well I'm glad you asked. Because he's fxcking psychopath! He literally came the fxck down here and claimed how much he loved me! I am going to make him become a rogue. I don't care anymore. But yes, how's my dad?"

He starts chuckling on the other end and I smile slightly.

"You are so crazy Delilah." I can basically see him smiling. "First of all, I'm great! Thanks for not asking. I'll see what I can do about Stephan. But I'm going to need proof and an explanation as to why I'm kicking his ass out because I'm just a pack member, and your Dad is fine. Been going on a lot of private meetings lately."

"Oh thank goodness.I'm just glad he isn't focused on me getting the land because I am at absolutely no where." I glance at the note again before saying. "And you know that I wanted you to be my Beta, Jake. No one else. But my dad, you know how he is."

"I know. And its okay. I might not be your Beta, but I'm glad that I'm your best friend."

"Always." I smile softly. "Oh and if you have any difficulty getting Stephan out, just talk to Fernando. You guys are close friends after all."

"Yeah, I will." He sighs. "Hey, I gotta-"

"I'm back with the water." James says smiling.

"Thank you." I smile. "I'm gonna just drink this and rest."

"Alright, let me know if you need anything." He says hugging me.

"I will." I smile at him as he leaves.

"Who was that?" My best friend asks.

"The third in command for this pack. He was just getting me some water." My eyes glance back at the paper again. I freeze when I realise something.

"Oh well, I hope you get better." He says sincerly. "I miss you big head."

"I miss you-" I stop mid sentence, grabbing the note. "What the actual fxck?!"

"What is it?"

"This...this writing." My eyes search all over the paper. "Jake, I'm gonna have to call you back."

I don't give him time to respond. I'm in complete shock. James said that this note came from Stephan. The only thing is...

This isn't Stephan's hand writing...

And I know that this sure isn't Devon's either.

And that's as about terrifying as me agreeing to kiss Devon's ass.

So, if this wasn't Stephan or Devon's hand writing..

Who's is it?

Hey you guys! Wassup? Okay so yes, I know that this chapter was boring haha but please spare me y'all. Balancing both school and writing is actually hard. I often get side tracked and start to write crap.

To this point, I'm not surprise if you guys are reading and start to see information on the human heart looll.

But tell me what y'all thought of this chapter! And what you think is going to happen next?