Familiar Missteps

Start from the beginning

"She's your what?!" the class shouted, deafening some neighboring classrooms in the process.

"Settle down!" the teacher shouted, trying to regain control of the situation. "You all can gossip later. For now, let's get ready to study."

"Explain," Issei demanded in a low whisper to Shirou.

"After class," the magus replied.

Scene Break

"So you turned the Fallen Angels back into Angels, recruited them to serve you, and adopted Asia into your family?" Issei summarized. After class, they were talking quietly in the hallway, with Shirou making sure no one could hear them. "Seriously?"

Shirou nods. "The whole Fallen Angel thing was an accident and my mom wanted to adopt Asia. My mom is... let's say eccentric."

"Buchou is still pissed at you," Issei reported. "After that lady purified that Fallen Angel and then you all suddenly teleported away, she was raving about you for the rest of the evening."

"That's... expected," Shirou smiled awkwardly. "Tell her I'm sorry?"

"Tell me that to my face, Emiya-kun."

The boys turned to find Rias and Akeno standing, both smiling. However, Rias's smile showed she was pissed off, while Akeno's said that she was highly amused.

"Gremory-senpai," Shirou said. "I didn't hear you."

"Oh? First you ditch me, then you ignore me?" Rias said, a little too loudly. "How cruel, Emiya-kun."

Onlookers had begun to flock towards them, whispering. Shirou understood this instantly.

'Well,' he thought, 'two can play at this game.'

"Well you see, Gremory-senpai," Shirou said, playing innocent, "I was uncomfortable with what you were asking last night. I mean... what you wanted me to do...."

"It was a perfectly reasonable thing to ask for," Rias interjected.

"I wasn't comfortable with doing that," Shirou said, putting emphasis on that. "Please respect my wishes."

The whispers had increased so that Rias began to notice. Akeno, meanwhile, was on the verge of breaking out into laughter. Rias blushed when she began to listen to the rumors. She grabbed Shirou by the wrist and quickly ran.

"Akeno, grab Issei!" she shouted, her face as red as her hair. "Bring him to the club room!"

As soon as the redhead devil was out of earshot, Akeno fell to the ground, laughing. Issei, however, was just staring, not sure what to make of the scene that just took place.

Scene Break

"And that's what happened," Shirou explained.

"So, your friend was some sort of priest with some strange ability," Rias said, "that let her purify Fallen Angels, and we have never heard of her before?"

"She's a... traveler," Shirou lied. "She tends to travel a lot from place to place. My family met her during my parents' own trips."

"I see," Rias said, crossing her arms. Shirou could tell she didn't believe him but he made it adamant she wouldn't get any more information.

Suddenly, the doors to the club room opened and in came the Gremory Peerage, along with Asia and Sona's peerage...

"You guys are here," Rias said. "Good. Now we can begin."