Chapter 27 ~ From the House to a Grave

Start from the beginning

Blood surrounding him. His own blood. "I'll take care of Klaus, you just get her home safely." I watch as he leaves before moving over to the 'invincible hybrid', smirking at the thought of Klaus being bested by a 16 year old newbie witch.

At the same time, I keep replaying the image of evil in her eyes. If her magic was already this strong, what would it be like in a year from now? Or even sooner? Shaking the thought off, I don't bother messing with the dress Rana had loaned me and let it drag on the ground. It was already ruined. Kneeling beside Klaus, I pull his head off the ground and onto my lap to get a better look at his wound. They were already healing, but there were a lot of cuts. 

"C'mon, let's get you home." Standing up, I pull him to his feet and start an awkward way to the end of alley when a figure steps out in front of us.

Quickly I search my head for an excuse of why he was unconscience. "Wild party.. Had to much to drink and got into a bar fight. If you would excuse me, I would like to get through." The figure raises it's head, and pulls the hood down. 

A man of black hair tumbles around her face, and the sharp blue eyes staring into mine. "I don't think so. Klaus is coming with me." She steps forwards and once the light hits her face, the veins under her eyes swell up and fangs elongate.

Growling deeply my eyes turn gold, "I don't think so. Step aside or else.." She laughs at my threat. 

"Or else what? Your not a hybrid, your a werewolf you can't do anything to me without it being a Full Moon." She said the word werewolf like it was a bug crawling on her or something.

The quickest lie that came to me just blurted out, "Guess again vampire I am a hybrid. Want a bite?" I give my best hiss, and since I was in the dark all she could see was my glowing gold eyes.

The sound of gushing wind can be heard and like that the little bitch was one. "Now, that wasn't so hard was it." A groan comes from Klaus, and I roll my eyes dragging him along.

----------------

3rd Person POV

Elijah carries his niece into the house, and lays her down on the couch wiping her lips with a damp toilette. He stops, the smell of blood filling his nose and the soft groans filling his ears. Not wanting to leave his niece alone, he hesitates before hearing a lamp shatter.

Rising to his feet, he dashes upstairs and follows the scent to Rana's room. He opens it, and scans the room for the source, a blood stain on the hard wood and the trail of blood leading to a table. "Ranaora? Ranaora are you alright?" He asks, and hears her ragged breathing.

"Dammit Elijah, I'm bleeding over here!" She scoffs softly, and drags herself out from under the table. His eyes widen at the sight of her; her face sweaty, eyes showing pain, and her shirt/hand covered in blood. He is beside her in one quick step, and bends next to her. "Guess that spell didn't work out right." She says, and gives a nervous chuckle followed by a whimper.

Instinctively, he bites his wrist and puts it out for her, but is shocked when a single tear rolls down her cheek and she shakes her head. "No, Elijah.. I can't. I spent my life being a witch, that spell I did a long, long time ago to stop myself from aging has it's.. Glitches." She says breathy. 

"What do you mean by.. Glitches?" He asks, and wipes her tear away with his thumb. 

"No one is meant to live forever. The universe, messed me up. I can't be turned into a vampire, or take vampire blood. Your healing won't work on me.. I'm.." Her voice trails off, and tears fill her eyes threatening to spill over but she regains her tough composure. "I'm dying Elijah, and there's nothing you or I can do about it. But don't cry, because I need you to go inside my head and see where Rebekah is. She's hurt." She says, and winces slightly. 

Tears out-ling his eyes, Elijah reaches out a hand and strokes her hair before closing his eyes and witnessing everything that Rana saw. Right down to the shooting. When he opens his eyes, a tear fall from his cheek. "Now, what did I... I say about.. Crying?" Rana says and swallows hard, moving her good hand and setting it on top of his. 

Elijah's lips are trembling, and he looks down at her hand at back up at her. For the first time noticing the diamond ring on her left finger in the shape of an X, and his eyes darken. She notices this, and her hand trembles.

"No matter what happens, we will always be best friends and your the big brother I always wanted. I'm the little sister you always wanted, and I remember how I was there through all your heartbreaks. You told me everything about Tatia, right down to the last freckle.

"Then came Celeste who you loved and she loved you.. Then that bitch Katerina Petrova, and you still haven't gotten over her. So promise me something Elijah. Promise that you won't let love pass you by." Staring down at her with a mixture of confusion, brotherly love, and sadness. "

"I promise Rana.." He says his voice hoarse.

She nods, and takes in a deep breath. "Your my best friend, and I remember the times we spent together, in that house by the lake.. Were you lost your vampire crave for human blood, and I lost my mom's necklace.. Every time we saw each other we said hello - and goodbye - there.

"The times we spent on the rocks, running through the meadows, and teaching each other how to use a shower and how to do Algebra 1 - and 2. We were young, free, and best friends. The only thing different is that were old, and chained down with memories." Tears tinkle down both of there cheeks, and she takes in a deep breath her eyes drifting in and out of focus.

"Bury me by the lake we used to spend time with by the old cabin. It's still there.. Trust me. Oh and Elijah?" She says, her voice soft and her heartbeat faltering.

"Yes?" Elijah responds, his voice cracking. 

"Don't stay mad at your family. There your family, there going to be with you forever, don't let them fall apart. I love.. You." The word 'you' is breathy, and she gives his hand a squeeze before her eyes flutter closed and her body falls limp.

Elijah can't stop the flood of tears that followed, and he kisses her forehead and stares at her for a minute or two before the sound of the front door opening and closing can be heard.

"Elijah? Elijah where are you?" He hears Hayley's sweet voice ring through the air, and he touches his best friend one last time before picking her up and carrying her downstairs.

--------------------------

That's a wrap for now guys! I know, don't kill me for the weird chapter and it might seem rushed and I apologize for that. Be sure to comment on what you think, and vote please!! :) XOXO HM