Chapter 2:

Thanks so much for all of you reading this, it means a lot to me. I'm sorry I didn't upload yesterday, I meant to but I went back to school shopping for new clothes. But here's the next part now. Enjoy :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the thought of the little folded up piece of paper way in the back of my mind. It wasn't my priority right now. What I really needed to do was get that firewood so that it would hopefull have time to dry before I lit the fire after the rain stopped.

I started walking to the right of the cave since that wasn't the way I had come. I hadn't seen any good fire wood on my way to the cave but I really wasn't paying much attention. I walked for about a minute and a half before I came across a small knocked down tree with splintery wood all smashed on the ground.

It looked fine to use, so I went over to it and picked up a piece of the branch. I was surprised that when I piced it up it was almost completely dry. I looked up and saw a huge tree right above me. It was probally the tree that had blocked the majority of the rain from getting to it.

I looked at the wood again and I still thought it looked fine I wasn't really sure what it was supposed to look like. My "mother" had never taken me camping before since she hated me so much.

I thought back to the survival show that I had watched a while ago while me "mother" was at work(since I wasn't really allowed to) and the wood had all the qualities that piece of wood did.

It was dry and medium size. And it looked fairly easy to cary back with me which was also a plus. I picked up that branch and other ones around it that were about the same and placed them in my arms.

Soon my arms were loaded down with weight and I decided, judgeing by the amount I had that this would be sufficent to build a fire with.

I brought them back to the little cave I was staying in and placed them inside so they could dry a little more while I went to go and get rocks for around it and smaller branches to kindle it better.

I remembered I didn't have a match with me but I would have to figure that part out later. I set out to find the rocks and the little branches. I didn't have to go far, they were everywhere! Well at least the small branches were. The rocks were a bit harder to find but I had almost no trouble at all finding them.

Once I had gathered enough I went back to the cave taht I was beginning to realise was my new home until I could get a job and rent an apartment.

I layed the rocks down in a circle like they did on the T.V. and then I crissed crossed the bigger branches around it. Then finally I put some of the really small branches on top to get it going.

I loved to write and I almost always had a notebook and pencil with me. I took the notebook out and looked at the rings on the top. They kinda looked like the thing the campers used to light the fire.

I started rubbing it hard again one of the rocks. After about five minutes of doing this I was beginning to think that this wasn;t going to work. But then suddenly a small spark appeared at the end. I quickly through the ring on top of the mini branches.

It quickly spread within the top branches, and within a minute or so of the spark my fire was up and blazeing. I sat close to it and soon the sun was down and the only light I could see was being emitted from this fire. From my exhastion I was asleep very shortly after with my head again the cave wall behind me.

As the sun came up I woke up. The bright sun burned my eyes a little when I woke up so I clenched them together. Soon I was fully awake. And I was overjoyed that my fire was still going. I didn't want to have to start a new one.

It was barely going though so I put some more small branches on top and soon it was dancing in the sun again.

I was energized and ready to do about anything. The rest had really brought me something I barely ever had at me home, sleep.

I just leaned again the cave wall that I had fallen asleep against and looked around. I wasw onve again taking in all the beauty of the world that surrounded me right now. It was so peaceful unlike the bustle of cities on the television or even my own small town when my mother had to take me out.

As Isat there just thinking about the world I remembered the small folded up piece of paper that my "mother" had included in the bag of things she gave me.

I went to the bag but before I got to the note I saw the crackers and peanut butter and my stomach rumbled asking for food. I obliged and put a small amount of peanut butter on a cracker for my breakfast.

Once I was done my breakfast I took out the small note and unfolded it. As I began to read it my eyes widened at what was written there.

------------------------------------------------------------

I should be able to update again later tonight but I'm not sure. I will upload at soon as possible so I can tell you what happens after this cliff hanger.

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FAN!

Until next time

~peacelovepotter