Friendship.. Daryl

You had been with the group for a few weeks now. You made friends with everyone but the quiet redneck. You didn't know where you stood with him if he even considered you a friend whenever you said hi to him, he would just give you a brief nod but nothing else so you convinced yourself that Daryl just didn't like you. One day as you were helping Carol wash some dishes, Rick approached you " hey.. Harley.. I need you to go on a run with Daryl .. He's outside waiting for you " you looked at him " me?" He grinned at you " um yeah if you don't mind that is.. He could really use your help." " um OK". You turned towards Carol who had a small smile as she looked at you she said " go I got this sweetie " " thank you " you reply the headed outside. You see Daryl sitting on his bike looking anything but happy causing you to hesitate a little. He finally looked up and noticed you standing there as you met his stare you thought you saw a look of shock in his eyes but just as quickly it was gone  you finally got yourself moving towards him then you heard his deep raspy voice " of course they'd pick you to go with me " unaware that you heard him you instantly took a step back he looked at you confused  then said " you coming or not girl"  " maybe someone else should go " he was still looking at you confused " what.. Why can't you?" " its obvious that you don't want me to come. I heard you " he glanced down at the ground then back at you " sorry ...didn't mean that " " then why'd you say it" his lips curved a little then he said " I'm an asshole to all my friends "