Chapter 7 - Radioactive

Start from the beginning

There was silence on the other side of the line. Ian looked at me, worried.

But Melanie began to speak again.

"Well, I didn't know you were there too, Anthony. And I hope you know that I have to hate you for that what you did to one of my best friends."

"Hey, it's not alone his fault!", Ian exclaimed.  "It was mine too, and you don't hate me! In fact, I broke up with you, and you should hate me. But you don't. We are still friends. And Anthony is my friend, so he is yours, too!"

Silence. Again.

"I could never hate you, Ian. I love you." Her voice was shaky. "And you're right about Anthony. Sorry, I was just mad because of Kalel. She rubs off on me."

"What do you mean with 'she robs off on you'?" I asked her.

"She's mad at you, obviously!"

Before I could answer, Ian said "Another reason why we have to know where she is."

"Okay, I will tell you then. She's at her parents place. I don't think she told them yet, but I really have no clue."

"I knew it! But what excuse did she tell her parents?" I said.

Ian looked at me and said "I don't think that you need an excuse for visiting your parents."

"You're right. But how am I gonna speak with her now?" I asked both of them.

"Whatever you do - don't drive to her parents! If you want to, I can pass something on to her." Melanie didn’t sound very joyful.

"No." I answered. I wanted to speak to Kalel myself. I wanted to see her face again. Her fucking beautiful face. "Well... Yes. Say her, that I'm coming. NOW!"

I jumped on my feet and turned of the computer.

"I guess I can't stop you. Ian...?" came from the phone.

"Sorry, Mel. I understand how Anthony is feeling about this. But anyways - I wouldn't be able to stop him, either. I am gonna hang up now. See you later." Ian mumbled and ended the call the second I left the room.

*Ian's POV*

Anthony surprised me with his sudden determination. He was more the shy, reserved guy in the last few days, but I guess he just has a lot of feelings lately

More than such a sensitive man can take.

I decided to follow my boyfriend to the garage. He was already next to the car, when I got there.

"Wait, Anthony. I want to drive you." I didn’t say it out loud, but I was worried if Anthony was able to drive a car after meeting Kalel.

For a second, it looked like Anthony was going to say that he doesn't need me and that I should stay here. But then he just shook his head and blinked at me. I noticed that his eyes glinted thankfully, although he tried to hide it from me.

"Okay. Which car?" he asked me.

I thought about it a second and answered "Let's take mine."

After we got into the car, Anthony asked me if I knew where Kalel’s parents live.

"Yes, actually. They're living not that far away from here, aren't they?"

"Yes." Anthony confirmed. "About one hour with the car. Well, as long as we don't get in a traffic jam."

The drive was about as long as expected, and Anthony sat quiet next to me the whole time, browsing through the Internet on his phone.

"Anthony?" I asked when we were almost there.

My boyfriend looked up and turned his head towards me. "What is it?"

 "When will you tell them?" I pointed at the phone is his hands. At this moment, Twitter was open.

I cleared my throat and corrected myself: "When will we tell them?"

My friend lowered his head and sighed. "One thing at a time, okay? The fans will be the last ones to know."

I stopped the car a few hundred meters away from our destination, next to a modern café.

"I'll be waiting in there."

Anthony nodded and opened the door of the car. "Wish me luck."

"I will." I answered and grabbed his hand to hold it tidly for a second.

When I pulled away again, my boyfriend left the car and walked into the direction of the house.

I waited a few minutes and then grabbed my phone to call Melanie. I wanted to talk to her.

And so I talked to Melanie, while Anthony was at Kalel’s place, instead of going into the café.

When he texted me that he is on the way to the car, I said bye to Melanie and got out of the car. Anthony was walking towards my direction. When he was finally close enough that I could see his expression, I noticed the tired look on his face.

"Let's drive home." he sighed, without saying hello. I agreed and we got in my car. As I was starting up the car, I asked Anthony: "So... How was it? Did you talk to her?"

"Yeah." was his silent answer, as he turned on the radio. Imagine Dragon's 'Radioactive' started to play in a volume that didn't allow me to continue talking.

I started driving, and when the song finished, I quickly shut the radio off before the next track started.

"Please tell me what happened." I begged my boyfriend.

"Alright. I went in and her parents said she was upstairs in her old room. So I went upstairs. I knocked and entered the room. I didn't actually wait for an answer. I think I learned that from you. Anyways..." Anthony took a deep breath. "She wasn't surprised to see me, because Melanie really told her that I was coming. The room was a mess, and she was a wreck, but I could tell that she wanted to look as good as possible." My friend made a short pause before he continued. "She didn't greet me, didn't even look at me when I came in. She was doodling some clothes while lying on the small bed. I complimented her on how talented she is in stuff like that. But she just said 'Get out of my ass.' Well, I tried to stay nice and calm and told her about how happy I am because of you..." He looked into my eyes for a split second. "...and how sad I was because she and I apperantly couldn't stay friends -  like you and Melanie. And then finally she began to open up. She told me how she looks up to Mel because of this, and that she of course wants to stay at my side - if not as my girlfriend or fiancée, then as my friend."

What Anthony told me seemed good. I smiled at him, but looked back on the road quickly. My boyfriend still hadn't finished his story.

"Anyhow, I told her that I would love that and we hugged and she started to cry. That's when she asked me to leave. And so, here I am. End of story."

"So everything's okay now?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I guess so. Maybe not. She's still angry and sad, but that's normal, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I'd say so. Did you talk about the wedding too?" I curiously asked my boyfriend.

"Nah, one step at a time. Anyways, I'm hungry. Let's eat lunch."

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

TUMBLR:    http://imagine-ianthony.tumblr.com/fanfiction

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +