even if it takes one night or a hundred years •••••

"How did you

"How did you...survive?" Jeongin asked quietly. They were sitting against a nearby tree with Jeongin in Chan's lap. Just like old times. "My mother helped me. She saw your father shove me to the ground and ran as fast as she could. She intended on fighting him, but he had already taken you into the air. Then she saw the humans, and tried to protect me. My father saw my mother and I and pulled me to safety. I was taken away by my fathers right hand man back to our den. My father and mother stayed and fought the humans 'till the end of the war. Only my father returned." Chan explained. Jeongin felt his eyes grow glossy and heavy. Hot tears dropped down his cheeks and he cried into Chan's chest. Chan's mother was such a good person. She always looked after Chan and himself when they were younger. She was the mother Jeongin wished he had. Instead, he had a loveless shadow of a mother. A mother with no love in her heart for anyone other than herself. Jeongin knew of his mothers affairs. She didn't love his father or his brother. She was only in it for the title of Queen. Jeongin cried for a while. Chan sat their silently and held Jeongin close to him. Breathing in Jeongins' sweet scent was enough to calm him. He stroked Jeongins' soft hair and kisses his head. He rubbed his sides and back and tried to convey all his emotions with his actions. Jeongin's crying turned into soft whines until he exhausted himself. He leaned his entire weight onto Chan and allowed himself to drift. He half expected Chan to be gone when he awoke, but he was going to cherish his warmth while it was still here.
Chan felt Jeongins' breath slow down and his heart rate steady. He caressed Jeongins' cheek and left a loving kiss on it. He really couldn't believe he was here. The days he had spent longing for the youngers' gentle touch was almost unbearable to him, but now he was here, and his touch felt amazing. Jeongins warmth radiated from his skin and burned Chan's body like a warm furnace. His skin was milky and soft. Chan was hesitant with every move he made, scared Jeongin would shatter like glass or tear like paper. Jeongin stirred softly and turned on Chan's shoulder. His lips barely a centimeter away from Chan's neck. His soft breath fanned Chan's warming skin and made Chan squirm a little. Chan wanted to scream, cry, laugh, and sing all at the same time. He was overwhelmed to the point of being underwhelmed. He felt numbness. He couldn't express anything. Everything he'd ever wanted had finally occurred. The world that he lost had finally returned. His senses were being overstimulated and all he could do was sit there and try to keep Jeongin with him. Because Jeongin was all he needed. He leaned his head onto Jeongins soft hair and closed his eyes. He couldn't fall completely asleep, his guard had never been higher, he was not going to let anything happen to Jeongin under his watch, but he closed his eyes nonetheless. He breathed slowly and evenly, taking in his surroundings. The waterfall was soothing to listen to. It created a steady beat that harmonized nature's symphony. He also heard a flock of birds overhead. He couldn't see them, but he knew they were there. Probably migrating to a warmer place before the cold winter consumed the land they sat on. At some point, Chan's thoughts had consumed him, and he had lost track of the minutes he'd been resting. He opened his eyes to a setting sun and felt Jeongin move against him. Two frail arms wrapped themselves around his neck. They were warm and soft, but what did Chan expect?
"Channie?" Jeongin said softly. Chan blinked a few times. Chan needed to control himself, but that voice was the prettiest thing he had ever heard in his life. Chan hummed in response. "What am I going to do?" He asked. Chan cuddled Jeongin with his strong arms. "What do you want to do?" Chan questioned. Jeongin was quiet for a minute before tightening his grip around Chan. "I want to stay here with you. I want you to hold me every night and protect me forever. I want to stay with you and feel secure knowing your with me." Jeongin mumbled. Jeongin was ranting, and he knew it. "Sorry." He quickly said as his grip loosened. Chan sighed and wrapped his arms around Jeongins' thin waist, pulling him closer than before. "That sounds amazing Innie." Chan responded. Chan kissed Jeongins' forehead and rubbed their noses together. "Where will I go?" Jeongin realized. He had no home to return to. He didn't want to face his family ever again. "Don't you mean 'we'?" Chan reminded him. "Y-Yeah." Jeongin blushed. Chan loved when Jeongin got flustered. His pink cheeks would always stand out from his pale skin. It was gorgeous. "Come back with me." Chan responded. "We can share my room. We'll look after you and protect you. Even feed you and clothe you. There's a wild berry patch near our den. I know you like those." Chan added. Jeongin was a loss for words. Chan was willing to do all of that, just for him. "R-really?" Jeongin asked in disbelief. His eyes were littered with stars and Chan almost got lost in them. "Yes." Chan reassured. Jeongin felt like crying, but he was tapped out. "I...really missed you." Jeongin admitted. Chan blushed a little before leaning in to Jeongin. "I love you." Chan said before pressing his lips onto Jeongins. Chan felt Jeongins' soft lips against his rough chapped lips and felt imperfect. How could Jeongins' lips feel this good? Jeongin pressed back lightly. It was a small gesture that showed Chan so much. Jeongin pulled Chan closer by the neck and tilted his head to the side. Their kiss depended until Chan reluctantly pulled away slowly. Their lips stayed connected until the last second, slowly peeling off of each other and leaving a small string of saliva that seemed to disappear when it broke. "Let's go." Chan said. Jeongin nodded shyly, his face red as a rose. "Yeah." He replied.
———————————————————————
A/N: Hyunjin's really just flexing through my life lately..

———————————————————————A/N: Hyunjin's really just flexing through my life lately