New Year 2019- Maintenance

"What the fuck happened here?" Elaina asked, floating upstairs. "Uhm. The middle of the Mansion burnt down," Toon Link explained. "But how?" Isabelle inquired. "That's what we're trying to find out."

"Wasn't the kitchen in the center of the mansion?" Lucas asked. I nodded. "But today they were gonna have omelette!" Lucas cried. "I don't get omelette!"

"It's okay, Lucas." Ness says, stroking the blonde's hair. "M'kay..."

"Who here has fire power?" I asked, figuring it burnt down because of one of the Smashers. "Who sleeps up here?" Nobody answered that question for some reason. They were all busy thinking.

"Incineroar..." Isabelle noted. "Roy... Mario... Luigi... Bowser... Charizard... Ken... Zelda... Kirby... There's too many."

"Then who did this?!" I scream. I'm probably taking this too far, I thought.

"We're trying to eat, shut up!" Little Mac called. "But where's the kitchen?" Lucas called back.

"He's eating snack." Another voice said. I scoff. "Best year ever..." I state sarcastically. Toon Link glared at me. "It's just the start."

"Does it look like I fucking care? 2018 had a better start than this stupid year!"

Isabelle took a wary glance at Ness & Lucas, then at me. "You didn't remember last year's start."

Robin, the tactician he was, said, "In the start of 2018 we were told a new Smash would be announced, so the Mansion was closed for maintenance. And also Isabelle, you weren't... here in the beginning of last year." Isabelle smiled. "Ness & Lucas told me,"

BOOM!

"The fuck?!" Elaina yelled. "An explosion?!"

I sigh. "Maybe that's what blew up the center of the Mansion-"

"Prepare to be defeated, K. Rool!" An ape-like voice, probably Donkey Kong's, yelled from the roof. "As if!" K. Rool snarled. "You're gonna take that back."

Everybody looked down at the floor. We better not interrupt them. I think.

Zelda runs up the stairs and looks up at the roof. "Is that DK and K. Rool?" She asked. We all nodded. "They won't be fucking quiet..." Toon Link said. "They woke me up and made me realize I was hungry. Then I noticed I can't make it to the other side because it's fucking burnt down."

Villager exits his room, which was on the same side of the hall as Toon Link's. "W-what happened here?" He questioned. "The entire center of the mansion burnt down." Toon Link replied. "Will the mansion be in maintenance again?!" He screamed. "Fuck." Elaina comments. "It's also going to rain today."

Isabelle gasped. "Angels like Pit & Pittoo can't get to their rooms if it's raining! Everyone's room is on the other side of the hall!" I bit my lip.

"Also there's DLC characters. It's supposed to be in maintenance. All the newcomers this year are already packing their stuff." Toon Link said.

"WHAT?!" I yelled. "Last year maintenance began in March! I barely get to spend my time here before the Mansion gets updated once more!" Zelda giggled. "It'll be worth the wait, because I heard Joker from Persona 5 is coming. As well as a Piranha Plant." My frown turned into a smile.

Robin came back upstairs, a huge grin on his face. "Maintenance apparently ends in about February." February. Next month. 1-month maintenance.

"I change my mind. This is an amazing start." We all chuckled.

"Wait a minute," Elaina says suddenly. "Maybe there's a giant gap here so they can make hallways horizontally."

"Wow, you're thinking for once." I say.

Elaina slapped me.

A/N: On January 13th, the chapters will be called "Year 2019" rather than "New Year 2019." This applies to every other year as well.