Chapter Seven

Hi peoples! I've got another update for you all. This chapter turned out to be really long so I broke it up into two separate chapters, so I'm sorry if it's a little boring and the pacing is weird.

I started my winter class which runs every weekday for three hours and I have an insane amount of work to do already. Hopefully it won't interfere with my updates, but I will try my best to at least get a chapter out per week.

Anyway, Quinn and Theo are finally off to the parents house! This is the car ride, the next chapter they will have arrived. Sorry if it seems like I'm dragging this out!

Enjoy!

Chapter Seven:

Quinn climbs into the car with a chipper smile the next morning. Her suitcase having already found a home next to mine the trunk. Black hair tumbles softly around her face and she tucks it behind her ears before adjusting her glasses. I'm slumped against the steering wheel, blearily staring back at her.

"How the hell are you so...awake?" I groan at the grin she shoots back at me.

"I'm a morning person," Quinn shrugs, "I have been most of my adult life anyway."

"No part of me wants to be a morning person," I grumble and shift the car into drive. "We're getting coffee."

"I won't contest that," She laughs at my scrunched up face. I send my best glare her way and shoot off toward the closet coffee place on the way to my parents. I am barely coherent and not even close to being human before we get to the coffee shop. I'm thankful there is a drive-thru because there is no way I can get my ass out of this car. I order us a couple coffees and a few muffins for the drive to my parent's house and then zip off again.

After a few languid sips of coffee-and a burnt tongue-later, I am much better. Quinn chuckles beside me. "Coffee makes me a person, you do not want to deal with me before coffee," I state simply as I pull onto the highway.

"Duly noted," Quinn says seriously like she is filing it away in a folder in her head. I roll my eyes and take another swig of coffee. "Hour long is the drive?"

"'Bout five hours, depending on my lead foot," I say throwing my blinker on and checking the left lane before moving over. Slowly, I accelerate and I'm flying past the other cars on the road. The snow-covered grounds that line the highway blur with the trees and buildings creating a space that feels entirely our own.

"You know, I'd like to make it through this holiday in one piece," Quinn states eyeing the speedometer warily. "You don't need to be going twenty-miles over the speed limit, Theo."

"No? Should I make it thirty?" I joke pressing the gas pedal further.

"How about make it fifteen and I won't be holding onto my 'Holy Shit' handle by the door, yeah?"

"Kill joy."

"I'd rather kill the fun than have you kill us," She snarks back, but thanks me when I slow down, her back relaxing into the seat. Silence falls around us as we settle into our long journey, the sound of cars whooshing by and tires rolling hastily along damp asphalt. I glance at Quinn who has her head against the window, eyes staring out at the cars passing us. My eyes move back to the road in front of me and we continue in silence.

Twenty-minutes into the trip Quinn groans.

"Okay, you seriously do not drive in dead silence, right?" She says shifting her body in her seat to look at me. I glance her way and shrug.