0.01

Sunshine-
Bill and Stan Beat the Devil
[0.01]

[May 16th, 1990]

He looked back, his hands grasped tightly around the love of his life's waist, who just so happened to be his best friend: Bill Denbrough. They were gaining, but his partner didn't let that face him. Nothing faced him. He stood tall, pedalling with all of his might. "HIYO SILVER, AWAYYYYYYY!" he cried. His auburn hair blew in the wind, making him even more stunning. "Yuh-you doing okay, Stuh-Stan?"

Stanley was riding double on Silver, something Richie had described as "easy," as he and Big Bill ran away. They left their friends behind, their families, their lives; they left behind everything but their home. For home, was not a place, but was with each other. "Yeah."

Bill Denbrough continued to pedal, the safety of his boyfriend's arms encouraging him as they ran. They ran from their greatest enemy, from their greatest rival. They raced to beat the devil; they raced to beat time. With Bill, you were always racing. Whether it was you or your heart, some part of you is running at the speed of light, racing to beat something. Today, they raced for freedom from their pasts; freedom from themselves. Their enemy gained on them, but still Bill didn't fret. Besides, they were only racing a part of themselves: fear. They raced fear, as Bill waited for Stanley to realize that there's no beating what's a part of you.

So he raced, and he raced, until he could go no more, and Stanley looked down and said, "We beat it."

"H-how?" queried Bill, catching his breath.

"I'm not afraid. With you, I'm never afraid." Stanley grasped Bill's hand, holding it in his own. His heart was beating loud enough for them both to here, sounding like a song. "Where to next, Bill?"

"Our future."