PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

The cold and snowy December greeted Nayeon her eyes. She sighed as she realized that she's in the hospital bed... Again. She is starting to hate the hospital since she keeps on getting confined in it.

"Nayeon..." Jihyo sighed in relief

"I'm glad that you're awake"

Nayeon stayed silent. She thought that because maybe her life will end soon. Leukemia is getting worse and she's getting paler day by day. It's silently killing her.

"Jihyo" Nayeon called my best friend and she hummed in response

"Before I die, I--"

"Stop saying that you'll die, Nayeon! I can't afford to lose my best friend! I can't... Afford to lose someone precious to me again..." Jihyo trailed off while her tears are rolling down her cheeks

Nayeon pulled her into a tight hug, "We have to face the reality, Hyo. I'm sorry because I can't stay with you that long anymore"

Jihyo sobbed louder on her best friend's shoulder. Jihyo lost her family five years ago because of a car accident. She was lucky to survive that crash. She was confined and that was when she met Nayeon, her best friend-slash-sister.

A few moments later, Jihyo pulled away from Nayeon and wiped her tears.

"What were you saying a while ago?" Jihyo asked

"Oh! As I was saying... Before I die, I want to complete my bucket list"

Jihyo frowned at her, "You know you have to rest, Nayeon. I won't allow you"

Nayeon pouted, "Pwease~?"

Her best friend looked away from Nayeon to resist her but she remembered what the doctor said earlier.

'She only has 5 more days to live. I'm sorry, Ms. Park... But we did what we can...'

Jihyo stopped her tears for Nayeon. She will be strong for Nayeon.

"Okay, Nayeon. I will get you discharged from here and we'll go wherever you want"