Chapter 19: CLOCKWORK PRINCE

Start from the beginning

  It was still raining, and Will grumbled about London's terrible weather.

  Nora shivered, and Will almost took off his coat for her. But he knew that he couldn't get Nora attached to him. Not until the Curse was lifted.

  Nora tightened her grip on his arm. The only reason she did it was because out at night in London was dangerous, and they didn't want to get into any fights.

They were getting drenched, and Nora's hair was sticking to her neck.

It wasn't the first time that Will had seen her like this.

"You do know, Liam, that Magnus will find that demon, right?" Nora said softly. He could smell her, even through the rain. Lavender.

Will shook his head. "I shouldn't hope."

"Maybe not. But you shouldn't doubt," Nora said.

~

They finally reached the Institute. When they did, Nora disappeared into her room to shower and dry off.

Will wandered down the halls, and eventually into Jem's room.

  Jem was up, playing his violin, and didn't look up as Will entered his room.

"Will? Will, is that you?"

"It's me," Will said, leaning against the wall across from Jem.

Jem took his time to complete the song. When he was done, he laid his violin down and looked up.

Just as he did, Tessa entered the room. Will stiffened, and more than ever wished that he was not in the room.

"Tessa," Jem smiled. "What are you doing here?"

Tessa looked between Will and Jem, though she mostly avoided meeting Will's eyes.

"I'm sorry," She said. "Am I interrupting something? I can leave."

"You were," Will said at the same time Jem said, "No you weren't."

Will made a sound of annoyance and looked out of Jem's bedroom window.

Will distantly heard Jem and Tessa talking, but he wasn't listening.

"Will? Will, did you hear what Jem said?" Tessa asked, her voice rough.

Will's head snapped to Jem's direction. "No. I couldn't care to listen in to your worthless conversation."

"I asked you what you were doing tonight," Jem said calmly. "You're all muddy and wet."

It was true. Will hadn't bothered to go and shower of change. Or at least dry off.

"I simply went for a drink at Devil's Tavern," Will grinned. "It's raining, you know."

Jem nodded slowly. "That must explain your mood."

Will laughed. "There was this one faerie over there trying to get into my bed with me. I declined and she promptly threw a glass of water at me."

Tessa was silent.

Someone knocked on the door and opened it. It was Sophie.

She blushed. "I'm sorry. It's just I thought that maybe Miss Ella was here. I searched her room and her brother's. As well as the library. Do you have any idea where she is?"

"Why are you in need of Ella, Sophie?" Tessa asked.

Sophie bit her lower lip. "It is a private matter."

"Is it Gabriel?" Jem asked innocently.

Will looked away to hide a scowl.

"No!" Sophie exclaimed. "No, of course not. It's just..."

"Just?" Will asked, curious.

"Mrs Branwell wishes to speak to her," Sophie finalised weakly.

"Oh," Jem said. He frowned. "Maybe she's in Will's room."

"Will's room?" Tessa squeaked.

"I'm considering all options," Jem said reassuringly as Will scowled at him.

"I assure you, Sophie dear, that Nora is not in my room," Will said savagely.

"That she isn't."

Nora appeared at Jem's doorway, an amused expression on her face.

"Hullo, Jem. Tessa," She nodded in greeting to the other girl.

Tessa smiled at Nora.

"Charlotte wants to see me?" Nora asked, bringing a hand up to the ring hanging on a chain around her neck.

The ring that bound her and Caspian.

Sophie nodded.

Nora sighed, tiredness clear in her eyes. "Goodnight, then."

"I shall accompany you," Will rushed to say.

Nora smiled at him, and waited for him to walk over to her before turning and heading down the corridor beside him.

"Quite the situation you got yourself in there," Nora said.

Will shrugged. "Have you been sleeping?"

"Don't worry about me, Liam," Nora said, grinning up at him. "I can take care of myself."