Marty needed to do this; for himself and for his friends.  He had to try and get help, he couldn't just sit still and do nothing.  Marty needed to make sure that he and his friends broke free and escaped.  If they didn't try and escape as soon as practicable, Marty couldn't help but to think that one of them would be murdered.  He didn't want that to eventuate, as he'd already lost Todd.

Marty was shaking...just like a leaf on a blowy autumns day and as he edged closer and closer to the curtain, he felt his ankle and knees weakening.  They started becoming wobbly and knobbly.  In fact, Marty's legs were struggling to keep him up as they had started to shake.  For a mere moment in time, Marty felt as though he was going to slump downwards, to the ground, falling unconscious and simultaneously failing his friends.

He had advanced up to the curtain.  He extended his hand outwards; taking hold of the fabric.  He was about to move it to the side when his ears detected the soft, irregular patter of distant footsteps coming from the other side of the curtain.  They seemed to be getting closer and closer...as if the footsteps were actually heading towards him, (coming and coming...straight for him...ready to strike).  His reaction to this was swift.  He let go of the curtain and slowly started to backtrack.  He worriedly glimpsed back towards his friends and saw that they were frantically gesturing for him to run back to them.

Marty wanted to sprint for his life; to run like the wind.  He wanted to run back to his friends and have some sort of protection against those clowns.  But he couldn't move.  He was re-living the same feeling as before.  He felt shocked and was unable to move.  Every joint in his limbs and most of his body had grown numb.  He was motionless.  Staring back, gawking at his friends, his eyes wide open.  Though paralysed, his body started to tremble.  Before Marty could even start to contemplate what was going to befall him, his first immediate priority was to bring himself out of his trance.

Marcia's heart was thudding aggressively; she started to stress and her anxiety increased.  The internal workings of her body were as though it was an old washing machine, pounding and grinding out energy through its agitation cycles.  Her lungs started to burn and the uncompromising sensation was felt throughout her chest.  It further felt as though all her breathable air was being siphoned out from her with forceful compulsion.  The clowns were getting closer whereas Marty still under chock couldn't move.  Marcia knew that she had to do something.

She promptly rose and with the speed of an oceanic sailfish, darted over towards Marty.  She then unceremoniously grabbed Marty's arm and ran back to Claudia and Stanley (dragging Marty with her).

Marty and Marcia sat back down onto the floor next to Claudia and Stanley.  To their luck, they had made it just in time as the curtain was aggressively thrust to the side.

There stood the five clowns, grinning evilly at the teens, a hint of maliciousness in their eyes.

There stood five wicked clowns, grinning sinisterly at the teens.  Their eyes full of evil.  Marcia tightened her grip on Marty, sending a sharp sting throughout his arm.  He clenched and gritted his teeth so as not to cry out.  Penny strode over to the middle section of the tent, making her way over towards Todd's dead body.  She looked down at him, shook her head and chuckled to herself before facing the other clowns.  The look of content happiness on the clowns faces incensed Marty.  He was disgusted and became angry.  He hated that they had somehow derived pleasure from committing a heinous act of inhumane cruelty.  They were completely monstrous and sadistic.

"Any of you going to help me or what?" Penny barked.

"I'll do it," Pinky volunteered.

Pinky wandered over to Todd and leaned down to observe the pale lifeless corpse.  She grabbed one of his arms while Penny grabbed the other.  Together, the clowns gathered up their strength and began dragging Todd's dead body over towards the rest of the rotting cadavers.