Gentle

As I am sitting in the car on the way to the party my legs begin to shake. Why did I say that I wanted to go? I have never been to a party before. What if Britney is going to be there? Of course she is going to be there she would never miss out on a party and a chance to hook up with someone. The thought makes me grimace. We pull up to the party and I see hundreds of people there. People dancing in the windows. People being sick outside. People basically having dry sex on the grass in the front garden. Why do people find this fun?

I step out the car and hold my breath as I take it all in. Ellie sees me stopping and comes back and links her arm with mine. She smiles and I reply with a small smile of my own and begin walking into the doors of hell. But it's only one night.

The heat hits me as soon as I enter the house. The boys are in front smiling and greeting everyone. Ellie is doing the same but she keeps attached to me. I recognise everyone but I don't know anyones names. We head into the kitchen and Harley grabs two bottles of beer for himself and Seth. Ellie and Dean are both driving so they both decline.

"Surely the new girl must be drinking." A boy says holding a red cup of some liquid that looks like water. I don't answer I just smell it. The smell burns my nostrils and I can tell instantly it's vodka. Dad drunk it when there was no whiskey. The memory pains me. Dean must have seen the emotion change on my face as he steps in next to me.

"Nah sorry mate. She doesn't drink." I just look up at him and silently thank him. He smiles a little then he turns back to the boy and the smile turns to a cold expression that I find unfamiliar coming from Dean.

"I think she can speak for herself." He raises his eyebrow smirking at Dean then turns to look at me waiting for me to answer.

"N...no Dean's right. I don't drink." I shake a little when I speak.

"Well that's a damn shame isn't it?" Oh well your loss he says then downs the clear liquid. Once done he throws the empty cup onto the counter and then wipes the residue left on his lips with the back of his hand. "Well it's been fun. Catch you later." he says to everyone but the way he looks makes me think it was just meant for me. Then winks at me and leaves.

I just stand there until Dean passes me something cold.

"I think that is more your style." He says smiling at me and I look at the object. It's a can of coke. Cute.

"Thank you." I smile.

We find a spot outside the house where it isn't too crowded and just begin talking and laughing like we usually do. Ellie stands up.

"I am going to the little girls room an then I am going to have a dance. Anybody like to join me?"

"I will." Harley says. I didn't see him as the dancing type but then again he might be going there to see if he can find a girl to kiss or something.

"I am gonna get another drink anyone want one?" Seth asks standing up and both Dean and I shake our heads.

Then Dean and I are left to ourselves. We are quiet for a few minutes but then he he speaks up.

"I meant it when I said you look gorgeous." He says. My face warms and I am so glad that it's dark out here so he can't see me blushing.

"Well you don't look too bad yourself." I add giggling. He laughs as well and I melt. His laugh is so sexy. I mean...

I look down at my skirt and then back at him and he's so perfect why is he sitting here with me when there are loads of beautiful girls wanting to catch his attention. Just then someone who has had way too much to drink and falls over in front of us and drops his drink in front of me. Making the contents spill onto my skirt. I gasp at the sudden coldness on my thighs. Dean gets up and helps the boy up a little too harsh.