Chapter Two

He dragged me everywhere, to bookstores and to random places I've never heard of. We got what he needed and nobody even noticed us.

While we were walking to the parking lot, I saw a store that Alois once told me about. It was Game Stop, and said it was the most amazing place ever. I stared at it longingly.

"Don't even think about it, brat. I'm not getting you anything. I already give you a roof over your head and food to eat. So let's go home." Sebastian said. I barely get a crumb of food every week. Lies.

When we got to the parking lot, Sebastian groaned. "Crap! I forgot new pens! Ciel, run inside and go get them." He ordered. I gulped and ran back inside the building, but my vision got blurry again. My stomach twisted in sickness and hunger, and I could barely move. As if a miracle happened, I made it to the bookstore and looked around. I looked at their selection, and found a pack of pens with a bunch of cats with hearts on it. It was obviously left over from Valentine's Day, but I grabbed them anyway. The only thing I knew about Sebastian was that he liked cats.

I paid for them, and at the register, my head spun like crazy. The lady was talking to me about something,but I couldn't hear her. Like she was far away. Then, I'm not sure what I did, but I think I fell to the floor. "Little boy? are you okay?" The lady said. She was over me with many others. I could hear faint voices.

"Is he alright?"

"What's wrong?"

"Somebody call an ambulance!"

After that, all I saw was darkness.

3rd pov

Sebastian grumbled. "Where the heck is he? That task doesn't even take five minutes! Well then, of he likes the long way, he can walk home." He thought and pulled the car out of the parking lot.

While he was driving he wondered what was going on. "Maybe a long line? A talkative cashier? Who knows. But I don't care. He's a little brat and this is payback for this morning."

He pulled over because he had heard an ambulance coming, and he watched it pass by in a hurry. "I wonder who that belongs to. It's heading for the mall." He thought and finally reached his home.

When he got inside, the phone rang loudly. He picked it up slowly.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Is this Sebastian Michealis?" The voice said.

"Yes?"

"You're husband collapsed in the mall a few minutes ago, and he needs to be seen about right away."

"How did you know he was my husband?!" Sebastian said, trying to avoid the subject.

"No time. Your husband is dying. You need to come to the hospital right away."

The person hung up and he groaned. "Dying my ---. He's perfectly fine. Probably did it for attention." Sebastian grumbled and got back into the car and drove down the street.

------------

Sebastian grumbled as he stood outside the door. "He better not be faking this, or he'll regret it." He said and opened the door. A doctor was standing by a bed, and Ciel's face wasn't seen. He turned around. "Ah. Mr. Michealis. Finally here." He said.

Sebastian got a look at Ciel's face and suddenly realized: "Holy cow, he's not faking it."

Ciel looked half-dead, with pale skin and short, uneven breaths. He had at least five IVs in his arm, and the monitors were unsteady. That meant, his heart was unsteady.

"What's wrong with him?" Sebastian asked, slightly showing emotion.

"You know how thousands and people die every year from overworking themselves nonstop? That is the cause of this. He's tired, hungry, and he has cuts all over his body. Obviously from depression or something similar. He passed out in the mall because his body couldn't take any more so it shut down by itself. He's been unresponsive to any of our treatments, so it's best if we just leave him to sleep for a few days." The doctor explained.

Sebastian's eyes grew wider with each passing word that said: Ciel's dying and it's all your fault.

"Oh, and he was leaving the store with these." The doctor said and gave him a small plastic bag, and he left the room. Sebastian sat in the chair opposition to Ciel, and opened it. He stared at the adorable pens for a few seconds before flipping them over and reading: "For the person you love the most! Surprise them with these adorable pens to show you how much you love them, and their books!"

Sebastian couldn't stop staring at them. They were adorable. He looked at Ciel, half dead and possibly going to die, and sighed. "Oh Ciel...you did surprise me.....you did.." He whispered and for once I'm his life, felt a strong emotion for Ciel that wasn't there before.
--------

Ciel opened his eyes, and saw nothing but colors of pink and red. They were everywhere, and he was standing on a fluffy cloud. He squinted his eyes, and saw two shapes form. He gasped. "Mom! Dad!" Ciel shouted and ran to them, hugging them.

"Ciel, we need to you to die." Vincent said. Ciel looked at him in wonder.

"You live a horrible life and no one cares for you. We need to you to come back to us, so we can all be a happy family again." Rachel said.

"But...but how?" Ciel asked.

"Baby, your answer is all around you." Rachel said.

Images of pills, kitchen knives, and his bedroom window flashed into Ciel's head, and he suddenly realized what to do. Then, everything faded away slowly......