CHAPTER 34

LAILA'S POV

I was woken up by noises in the hallway. An agonized pain escaped my throat. My head felt heavy but I managed to wake up. I wore his t shirt, that barely covered my thighs. I felt different. I wondered how I could manage to have a lot of courage to stay like that around another person, especially Hellboy.
He and Don made my life impossible, but with Hellboy I was able to be myself. I could stand for myself and speak my mind. However, Don always dictated my every move, what I should do with my life and it pissed me off. To him I was just but an operating robot.
I took a glance at myself before I walked to the hallway but then I heard a familiar voice and I got more curious to know what they were talking about. Okay not really talking, but more like shouting at each other.
The words weren't so clear but I could make out some few sentences.
"I don't want you to ever talk to me about her ever again." He shouted and I could hear something crash against the floor.
"What do you want me to do? You asked me to do this", she shouted back. I wanted to know what and who they were talking about. What was it it that he had ask her to do?
" and now you're pretending not to care?do you think this is a fucking joke? She might be in danger for crying out loud and..."_ she said but he cut her out.
"And that's one hell of a mistake that I did. Asking you to do this for me. I think you should leave and never come back to my house unless I ask you to..just..", he continued as his voice trailed away. My legs were stuck and I couldn't move wondering what it was that made them argue too much. I walked outside when I didn't hear any more shouting, only sounds dishes of the kitchen. A broken plate lying aimlessly at the floor. I picked it and the broken pieces up and headed to the kitchen.
I walked straight to the fridge when I found him making some bacon. He hadn't made any effort to look at me. After breaking the news about the whole roommate thing, he didn't talk or look at me. We arrived at the house and went straight to his bedroom. Where had he planned I'd stay after being chased away. I didn't have enough cash with me to rent my apartment and still buy all the school stuff I'd need for studying. I had trouble figuring out where I'd get the cash to buy some clothes. I shook the thought away, not allowing anything to way me down. I had a long day ahead and I needed all the energy.
I wanted to ask about the whole argument thing but I debated otherwise. I'd ask her later in school instead of him. I quickly took the toast and bacon he placed in front of me and determined to walk back in my room to freshen up for school that day.
I didn't have any change of clothes so I decided to wear back the clothes I had wore at dinner and do some shopping on my way back from school.
" there is my sweat pant and sweat shirt in the bathroom that I've placed for you to wear today. Freshen up, we're going for shopping instead", he said when I was about to walk out of kitchen. I turned back and still didn't look at me. I wanted to smile but no, he should have asked me first.
"And you didn't bother to ask whether I have other plans?", he glanced at me then back to his breakfast. He shook his head no and my stomach churned.
" who fucking cares? Just go and change and stop asking me stupid questions ", he shouted at me this time standing up at the counter. How did he think he was going to boss me around simply bcz I was staying at his place. He put me in that situation. If it were not for his stupid jokes in bringing me at his place I could still be at home. He had no idea what it felt to lose my family. To be disowned by my mother. To have to hide away so I couldn't meet with my abusive boyfriend.
A tear escaped and I brushed it off before he could see it.
" am not...", he threw his index finger on the air signaling me to shut up. Something in me wanted to talk back at him when he stood close to me, all my thoughts were scattered. He studied me for a while before he said,
"I allowed you to shine with your louse cooking yesterday. I almost forgot I really really really love shopping for ladies clothes so much", as soon as he said he turned away to hide his face. Probably so proud for all the clothes he  had to buy for every girl that came here.I felt nausea just by the thought. How many girls he fucked at my bed. At the couch in the kitchen. Did he enjoy it?
" you must be pretty an expert in that area for all the clothes you always had to buy for every bitch you brought in your house ", words poured out like tap water no matter how much i wanted to shut up. He gave me a glare and I looked down.
" just fucking do what I say, and remember this is my house. You do what I say", he walked passed me and out of kitchen. There was no way I'd let him get away with it.
"Hey Mr Hellboy", I shouted at him when I got into the living room. He didn't turned to look at me, he just stood there.

"I don't think I need you to take me to buy my own clothes as I'm not a kid and not your girlfriend either. So stay out of my business and stop bossing me around like your property." He turned back with a chuckle and walked closer to me, again.

"You know what, you're right, you ain't a kid nor my girlfriend. But since you're staying at my place without my permission that makes you..", he poked my nose and said,
" my property and..", he put his hands on his pocket
"I have to say what kind of clothes you have to wear and not look like a Grannie..", his smirk got my blood boiling. I wanted to slap him hard for calling me Grannie. For thinking I was his property and for having to chose my clothes. Damn it. My breathed hitched at the thought of his plan.
" Come on hurry up. I don't have much time to waste. Remember, time is money",  he said walking towards his room. He was too much and I couldn't stand it anymore.

"If you think you've found somebody to boss around, you're wrong. Oh my God, I can't stand this. Just because I'm living in your damn house doesn't give you any power over me", I walked to the couch and sat down placing the bacon on the table. This man had passed his limit.

" Are you even listening to yourself? You have only one minute to freshen up, otherwise I'll do it for you",

"Which girl takes less than an hour to get ready? And for your information, your threats have no impact on me", I said and he glanced at me confused.
He smiled before he responded back.
" actually, a normal lady takes more than two hours to get ready. I'm glad I don't have to wait for too long since I'm living with another man in my house, and now," he said coming close to me. He took me into his hands carrying me bridal style.

"Hey, what are you doing? Put me down. I said put me down right now...", I continued shouting while trying so desperately to be on my feet.

" shut up already. You'll wake up the neighbors", I look at him with a scowl.

"Come on who can still be asleep right now?",

"You should be bald I'm doing you this favour. You'll rarely find men who'll volunteer to bath you. Now, be a good girl and shut up", he said pushing the bathroom door open with his leg. He was really serious he'd wash me. He reached the bathroom door to close it and I froze.