“Anthony!” Gizmo interjected. Megan turned her head in surprise, wondering where all the anger in Gizmo’s voice came from. Her companion’s face was contracted in annoyance, his eyes daring and almost fiery with rage.

Megan could feel the frustration building up in her. She had to admit it; Anthony was getting increasingly good in playing his game. But Megan wasn’t exactly about to give in.

After all, two could play a game of death.

*

Gizmo had never hated the Archangel of Death as much as he did right at this moment. He could feel the anger falling off of him in voluminous chunks. He was ready to pull his hair out and scream to the heavens. However, he resolved to staring at his least favourite person in the whole world.

“You’re lucky you’re in that screen, Anthony,” Gizmo hissed, “Because if you were here in flesh and bone, nothing could have stopped me from killing you with my bare hands.”

“Well, someone has taken a liking to their fellow inmate!” Anthony clapped his hands together again, smiling wickedly at Gizmo. “Don’t protect her too much, ol’ boy. She can’t ever be yours to keep.”

“Standing right here!” Megan called, raising up her hands to attract attention to herself. Gizmo’s eyes whipped to her face, taking in the innocence her blue orbs held. Protectiveness, anger and concern reared in him like a fierce dragon. She hadn’t done anything to deserve this. If anything, it was his entire fault, and now she was paying the consequences.

“We haven’t forgotten you, Megan dear,” Anthony said with fake warmth, “We were just making things clear.” He let his eyes linger on Gizmo before he spoke up again. “If you’ve come to terms with my proposed agreement, shall we continue onto things that actually matter?”

Gizmo raised an eyebrow at Megan, who shrugged indecisively. Finally, she whispered to him, “He can’t force us to do anything, so if we don’t want to do something, we won’t.” She smiled sadly. “But this isn’t a dead end, and I’m sick of bumping into more closed doors. Let’s just take it up.”

Gizmo knew he could just say no and escape from this living nightmare, but he couldn’t. He knew Anthony, and knew what the archangel was capable of making them do. Yet, Gizmo was searching for answers too, and if he didn’t agree to Anthony’s offer, he knew a huge part of him would always wonder what would have happened if he did agree.

“Okay,” Gizmo spoke up, nodding at Anthony. “Name your terms.”

Anthony smiled widely, as if he had won the grand prize. “I’ll give you some jobs to do, one after the other. Once you complete one job successfully, I’ll let you ask me one question. If you choose not to do the job, then none of your questions will be answered.” His eyes glinted with the evilness of his plot. “It’s all or nothing.”

“We’ll do it.”

Gizmo’s eyes widened at Megan’s confident answer, and it was all he could do to stop himself from disagreeing with her bold choice. Still, he didn’t trust himself to glance at her; he was convinced his resolve wasn’t that strong.

“That’s wonderful!” Anthony grinned. “What about you, boy? Any apprehension?” Before Gizmo could respond, he continued, “Not that I care, really. We’ll just go with the lady’s word, then? Right. So for your first job…”

___________________________

A/N: I know, I know, “Harpy, why on earth is this chapter so freaking short?!”

It’s sort of like a planning  chapter… the next chapter has quite a lot of things happening in it, including the one question Megan can ask Anthony. About that, I’d love to know which question you want Megan or Gizmo to ask him!!! Comment down with the question you’d like them to ask :3 :D

And at least I got this chapter up less than twenty four hours after the previous one ;) Somebody hand me a bouquet! <# <# Yep, that’s what I’m talkin’ bout, people! Love ya! <3

I wonder if anyone else has a boiling passion of hatred for Anthony?? I know I hate him :P In fact, the name of the word document in which I typed this chapter is “I HATE YOU ANTHONY! Rowr.”

If you’re wondering, yes I have issues ._. haha :P

Vote/Comment! :))

xoxo

Harpy

[IMPORTANT NOTE!! I’m also running out of Stories for the day! :3 If you have any suggestions, please PM me or comment down :) but please don’t take advantage of this for advertising your story! I’m trying to promote stories which I think are worth your time of the day. If I don’t like your story all that much, I might not recommend it :) sorry, but that’s just how I roll ~~ And if you’re just going to promote your story and not read mine, then sorry, but I’m gonna have to delete your comment D: Please don’t let it come to that <3 love you all!]

Also, I was debating on changing the title of this story :\ It’s just a thought, because “The Tale of Megan L. Couldron” isn’t exactly catchy or all that fun :| Please tell me if you agree/disagree, and if you have any suggestions for a better title :D Thank you! <3

Lol sorry for the long author’s note ;P and the two important notes after the long author's note..

Yeah. I'll stop now.

SONG OF THE DAY! (oh God, I talk so much it's not even funny): Distance by Christina Perri .___. love that song :D <3