4

Part II - During

Isla and Tony, both of them were away from the states

Isla and Tony, both of them were away from the states. Far from home. In the Asian country of Afghanistan, both of them were traveling without their daughter, Emily Ann Stark, who was home with Pepper. The country was war-torn and the couple was there along with military liaison lieutenant colonel James Rhodes. The deal was huge for the Stark Industries, under which now Windsor industries had mixed up.

Now a married couple, they were here to demonstrate the Jericho missile which was the industries' newest launch. Sitting in a car full of Army soldiers, they reached their destination to launch the missile and went back to the car to travel back but the plan did not go as they thought it would.

The convoy was ambushed. The army people ran out of the car with their equipment in hand to protect the Starks but they could only protect one of them. Isla was shot and she lost most of the blood in her body because of no immediate help whilst tony survived somehow. He had to. The attackers had intended only to kill the spare.

He woke in a cave-like place. His eyes went on and off several times before they were open once again. He met one of another captive, Yinsen, a doctor who had implanted an electromagnet into Stark's chest to keep the shrapnel shards that wounded him from reaching his heart and killing him. The world had gone blurry and he had lost the best thing that had happened to him in a matter of seconds. Raza had promised his word to set him free once Tony would have built him a Jericho but Yinsen and Tony both knew that that would never happen.

He ran away after slyly building a prototypical suit but Yinsen was killed. Obadiah Stane was to be blamed for all of this. Tony builds powerful versions of his arc reactor and his iron man suit.

S.H.I.E.L.D. gave them the help they wanted when Pepper requested them. They find out all of the Stane's plan how he wanted to kill the Starks and hired Ten rings to do it.

The fight happened when stane stole the arc reactor and tried to make his own suit but finally, his suit exploded with him in it, killing him. The press conference next day confirmed that Tony Stark was the media dubbed Iron Man but all of this was happening in front of the eyes of a small detail everyone overlooked or missed out. Emily Ann Stark.

Emily was just three when her parents had gone to Afghanistan. She was just three when her father returned home wounded without her mother. Her eyes wandered off every day around the house trying to get the last sight of her mother but they couldn't. Tony looked at his own daughter with pity. He knew that he had failed her daughter and moreover, failed himself as a father. He knew the hell life the girl had in front of her but he couldn't help it.

He was broken.