1

Part I - Before

It was dark overcast and blustery December night when a car was speeding down the way of long island

It was dark overcast and blustery December night when a car was speeding down the way of long island. Howard and Maria Stark were returning back to their mansion after a tiring party arranged in honor of Howard's achievements. As Howard drive the car, Maria kept her attention on the road.

The car, however, broke down in the middle of the road. It didn't just break down but partially flared up midway of them trying to exit it. The Starks crawled on the road with the excruciating pains in their lungs, heart and to be clearer, their body.

They could hear a bike coming their way. Howard could have got up, do something but his body didn't allow him to. Maris was feeble and weak at the moment. She had been hit in the stomach and was bleeding continuously. The back rode all the way to point of almost half a mile after where they lied.

The mad had long hair covering his ears and covered his face with a black cloth. He got off his bike and turned towards them.

Howard had noticed every bit of this man's actions but his mind had become too week to process anything. The man strutted up to them.

To this point, both Howard and Maria had become numb. Surviving the blast a huge thing for their lives and almost made them motionless but to that man, it wasn't enough. It wasn't enough to HYDRA and it wasn't enough to V-Battalion and also not to Republic Oil.

The man didn't say a word but pulled his gun out and mercilessly shot them one after the other. Unfortunately, Maria had to witness her husband's death.

Newspaper, magazines and tv shows were filled with the chatter of their death the very next day but to them, it was merely a news. It was not a moment, an incident for them. But it was for Tony Stark.

Obadiah Stane had given the bad news to Tony and the words came out of Obadiah's mouth as if bullets shot in Tony's body. Tony had gone parentless in a matter of minutes. He had lost the only two people whom he had called family. He knew he wasn't ready to take the responsibility his dad has left him on his shoulders yet and Obadiah understood it but he also understood a lot of other things. Tony let the company in the safe hands of Obadiah and let himself go through the same phase of depression, anxiety and self-loathing. He knew he wasn't good enough.

Stark Industries had been the country's greatest treasure ever since it's existence. Howard Stark had made the company his life and devoted his everything to it. He had shed blood, tears, and sweat into making the building into the brand it had become.

Howard had always pushed Tony to be the best. Tony had always recognized his as unworthy of everything. He thought his father had loathed him. His father only tried to make him nothing less than perfect.

Tony drank to overcome his feelings, to drown in them, to become a part of them, to actually feel them more. He had his own personal bar where he would sit down each evening and pour himself different drinks. Every other drink was stronger than the previous one.

He was done with life and officially addicted to drinking. Tony Stark had bagged the position of a drunkard. He stayed hidden and trapped in his big mansion. He had been there since the moment he knew they were never coming back. Dragging him to their funeral was one of hardest thing Obadiah might even admit doing. But he had returned back to his recent state of being after the ceremony ended.

How would have Tony Stark made his comeback? will Tony Stark make a comeback? is Obadiah Stane the new owner of Stark industries? These questions famously haunted everyone's mind. But Tony Stark proved them all wrong.

He made his comeback and he made sure everyone noticed it. Tony changed his ways. He came out of depression. Well, not completely but he learned to cope and live with it. He made love with women, a different one at that, every night. He used sarcastic language as a defense mechanism and anyone with that much natural and genetical intelligence and genius in them has natural comebacks.

Tony Stark had changed and for the better. He was ready to continue the legacy of his father. He took the matters in his own hands and Obadiah Stane was merely 'obby' for him now. But that was unacceptable for a lot of people.

*fancy british accent* Hello dear fanfiction readers. I see your loyalty towards mcu has brought you here.

*cracking into normal accent la nyc * I can't do this anymore..

So thank you so much for opening my book and reading up to here. Really thankful that you did.

This is merely like a prologue or something, ya know like a basic and classic background for a better understanding in the future chapters.

So comment your thoughts and stuff on this pretty chapter.

Also, vote. That's totally up to you. You don't have to but if you want to and uh... (this is how you play hard to get right?)

Rhea