"His dad says Jeongin had a nightmare of a daddy long-legs taking you from him and he keeps crying about wanting to see you. They said he refuses to go to school so they made a deal on letting him stay here for a while. Apparently, his classmate brought a spider in class and he got so spooked." She smiles and ruffles Jeongin's hair. "You should go now, take care of Jisung." After saying that, she goes back inside and closes the door.

My attention go back to the baby in my arms and he looks at me with innocent eyes.

"Was that true?" I ask him.

"Innie will protect noona! I won't let the spidey take you!"

"Thank you, my little hero." I smile at him and pat his head. "It's very good to protect me, but not very good to skip school. Okay?"

"Are you angy?" He pouts.

"Noona is not mad." I pinch his cheeks. "Do you want to go somewhere with me?"

"Yes!" he says and we walk towards Jisung's house.

Yang Jeongin is my five-year-old cousin. We met last summer vacation because the Yang family from Busan stayed with us for three weeks. We got close because I never went out of the house when the others did so he's stuck with me 24/7. He slept in my room the whole time and I always read him bedtime stories. During the day, we'd both watch cartoons and children's movies. I guess that's why he became attached to me.

We reached the door and I contemplate on whether to knock or just go in when I hear someone groaning from inside.

"A zombie?" Jeongin asks as he clings on me tighter.

"No, that's probably Jisung."

"A Jisung?" he asks me.

I open the door and see Jisung struggling to walk up the stairs. He turns around when I call him and he looks like he got caught stealing with his wide eyes, puffed cheeks, and a half eaten bread in his mouth.

"Oh, a squirrel," Jeongin says.

I put him down and go to Jisung. I anchor his left arm on my shoulder and scold him.

"Didn't I tell you to ask for help when you need it?"

"I-I'm okay though, I just got hungry," he lies through his pale lips.

"I won't believe you when you can't even walk properly. Let's go."

"Where to?" he asks me.

"To your room! I'm going to take care of everything and I'll make you feel good."

"Feel g-good?" he asks me and his cheeks suddenly turn pink.

I nod and smile. "My mum told me that your parents will be home late so I'll take care of you for the meantime."

"Oh, I thought- never mind." He clears his throat. "My r-room is that door."

He points to the second door that's slightly opened and we head there. I almost had a heart attack when I saw a kid jumping up and down the bed. I got Jisung settled first before capturing Jeongin in my arms.