𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗, 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝙶𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜

Mary returned home from working a full day in the café on the other side of the street, a basket full of groceries in her hands. She took of the long and warm coat she loved dearly and hanged it away, her scarf on top of it. The young lady took of her white gloves that kept her fingers warm and shoved off her shoes, walking around on her clean socks.

She walked to the small kitchen and put it on top of the counter. The fabric folded around the fruit and vegetables felt very cold from the wintery temperatures outside, some spots of ice on the creases of the cloth. She took some flyers she received and walked to the bin, throwing them immediately away, she didn't want to read or see them anymore. Mary decided she was going to put the groceries in the fridge in a minute, but wanted to rest for a short time. It was a busy day where the girl worked and she felt exhausted from the amount of running she had to do through the café.

Tommy sat in their comfortable couch, his feet resting on the low table standing in front of him. His head laid to the back as he stared up at the ceiling. He had his hands folded into each other and his shoulders were very relaxed. He wasn't sleeping, but he was in a very relaxing state between sleep and reality.

Mary took place on the other side of the room, laying completely flat with her head in a cushion. Her hairs fell over her head and spread wide, a lamp shining on the blonde locks spread on the couch. She sighed in the fabric of the pillow and turned her head to the side, her light brown eyes glancing at her boyfriend

"You okay?," she asks kindly.

"Yeah, just a bit tired."

Tommy sits straight again, his feet standing on the ground and he rests his hand on the sides of his own thighs, the other brushing through his curly locks.

"How was your day, Mar?"

"Busy, very busy. But we managed, the people were very nice today and so patient. That really helped with dealing with the amount of costumers."

She still stared at him, a smile pushing her lips up. That happiness of him being home, it was a feeling she couldn't place. Just him sitting there, in front of her own eyes. Many things changed through the short time they were apart, they were almost different people, but in some way, still the same.

"And yours?," she questioned very interested.

"It was alright. I've asked the bakery if they needed someone, but they said that it wasn't necessary."

"Did they tell you about a possible job somewhere else?"

"They've promised me to ask around."

"That's very nice of them." Mary tried to sit up, but still rested with her back against some pillows she placed in a comfortable way.