𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎; 𝚁𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎

Soldier after soldier climbed out of the small boat, there were more than two hundred men rescued by the Dawson family

Soldier after soldier climbed out of the small boat, there were more than two hundred men rescued by the Dawson family. Mary gave them the possibility to take her hand for some support to get out of the Moonstone, helping the people that couldn't walk on their own.  She could hear them silently whisper a thank you and flash her a soft smile they put on their lips.

The shivering soldier gave her back the warm blanket, his eyes were empty and his movements were stiff. His mental stability was worse than when they first met, she didn't see a person in his eyes anymore. Mary wanted to tell him he could keep it, she didn't want him to experience any cold and knew that he used the piece of fabric to hide himself in. The young girl didn't want to take that away from him, but the man kept on pushing it in her arms.

Peter and Collins exited the boat together, followed with the body of George on a portable bed. The youngest sibling told his sister to go before him. She didn't have to stay behind any longer, all the people who weren't able to get out of the boat by themselves, were already on the train. Mary took her white sunhat in her hands and walked in the line, slowly shuffling towards her father.

Collins takes off the vest he got from the family and laid it on the large pile. A furious soldier passed him and noticed his pilot uniform. The man stopped, others behind him bumped into the man and told him to keep on walking.

"Where the hell were you?," he screamed before listening to the others and walked again towards the black train. Collins just stood there, looking down at the person who was much smaller than him. He notices how Mister Dawson rested a hand on his shoulder, pointing at the people close to the Moonstone.

"They know where you were."

Collins shakes hands with the father and said goodbye to his children; before parting from them and making his way towards the train, getting closer and closer to home.

Tommy and Alex were the last to leave the boat, making sure that nothing important was left behind. The shortest of the two made his way through the crowd and grabbed Mary's hand in his, intertwining their fingers. He makes her face him and rests his other hand on her cheeks.

"Come home with me," Tommy asks her desperately.

"I can't, love. That train is only for soldiers –"

"And that boat was only for weekend sailing, not rescuing all of us. Go with him, no one would mind," a passing soldier interrupted her, as he had been listening to their conversation.

Mary looks up at her father with question in her eyes, simply asking him if she could. Mister Dawson nods at his daughter before embracing her in his arms, placing a soft kiss on the side of her head.

"Just promise me you'll come to visit us very soon," he whispers in her ears and lets go of her, allowing Peter to take his sister in a strong hug.