Chapter 3

I nervously fiddled with my thumbs as I sat in an office chair. I looked up at the two other men. Vaati was sitting next to me. I was guessing he was protecting me from the green guy. I never wanted this to happen especially today. I could barely hear what the teacher who found us was saying on the phone. She had phoned our parents already. I am so dead. Dads going to kill me I just know it. A tap on my shoulder broke me out of my thoughts. I jumped and looked up at whoever it was. It was Vaati.

" Did I scare you?" He chuckled. " Sorry about that. I wanted to tell you not to be so nervous. It's ok."

" H...How do you know that?" I stuttered.

" Hey it's no big deal. I've been here plenty of times."

" For cutting people's hands off?" I joke.

He chuckled once again. " To be honest that's the first time I did that."

" But why did you?" I asked with curiosity.

" Well I couldn't let him touch you could I?"

I thought for a moment. "Well no. But there are other ways to..."

" Don't tell me, you don't believe in violence."

" That's not what I said at all." I said trying not to raise my voice.

" I'm only kidding kid. I'm not going to let him touch you ok? NOBODY touches you, ok?"

" Um ok." I awkwardly looked down at the floor. Why did he say that?

From the corner of my eye I saw him lean down towards me. I stayed still wanting to know what would happen next. He was just a few inches from my ear. I waited to see what he was going to do.

" You're so cute." He whispers.

I felt my face grow hot as my eyes widened. The blush spread across my face. It deepened when I felt his hot breath on my neck. I bite my lip in fear that I might soon pant. I gulped and took a deep breath.

" I'm not cute." I said before and administer called me in.