Jakes POV

Right after Ricky left I panicked and called Conner back to my house. When he walked into my room I was pacing back and forth. He sat on my bed and sighed.

"What?" He asked.

"I asked her out on a date." I mumbled. He suddenly seemed more interested, and leaned towards me. 

"So? That's good man!" He tried sounding enthusiastic, but I know he hasn't been liking this whole situation.  Conner's too nice for this stuff. He doesn't like planning to hurt someone just like he didn't like hurting Kelly last year. I could tell he'd fallen for her, and that he'd still do anything for her. I saw it while it was happening and I see it now, but he completely let her slip away. He regrets it now, I can tell. 

"Well yeah that part's just fine and dandy. But then she said <i>no</i>." I growled the last part. How could she string me along and tease me with a little bit of her, then make me wait? That's just cruel!

"Listen, she's just playing hard to get. You know, probably. She's seeing how far you'll go! You should announce it in front of people, you know? There's a party tonight, there's your chance." Conner said.

I thought about this for a moment. Should I really look whipped for a girl I'm really not whipped for? I'm not whipped for her, right? Nah. If I was whipped I could back out any time I wanted. I wouldn't have my friends anymore, but I'm awesome I could get new ones. So, no I'm not whipped. "That's a good idea I guess. Embarrassing, but good. How do I know she'll be there?"

"Her friend Chris." He answered. "He's a big partier, I see him everywhere. He goes to ever party and drags him and that other girl around with him."

"I'm not even going to ask how you know all this." I chuckled, shaking my head. "Creep."

"Shut up, douche." He rolled his eyes. "I'm going home and sleeping." And with that, he got up and left. 

--

As I got ready for the party, I just hoped that I wouldn't embarrass myself too badly. But whatever, everyone will still love me anyway. I'm irresistible!