Eager Girlfriend

Chapter Twenty-Three
-Eager Girlfriend-

Who is Milly?

I should have been enjoying this time with Jake, but the devil on my shoulder was jabbing me with her pitchfork demanding answers. Even the angel on the other side was tapping her foot impatiently.
Jake hadn't brought it up whatsoever. He just picked up where he left off and didnt seem bothered that this harlot had rung him up and was upset.
"What's causing the crease?" Jake asked quietly, as he smoothed out my forehead with his thumb. I only shook my head at him.
"Nothing special. I just have an assignment I'm worried about," I told him. It wasn't techniquely a lie, I was currently in my position because of my assignment and my position was worrying me.
"That phone call kind of ruined the mood, huh?" Jake asked glumly and I shrugged sheepishly, avoiding his eyes.
"Kind of," I admitted with a half hearted smile.
"What are you doing tomorrow morning?" he asked.
"I have class, just like you," I reminded him.
"Stuff it, skip class and have a breakfast date with me. I'll make this mood crash up to you," he told me with a promising grin. I studied Jakes face as I considered it.
I only had a couple days left as Lockie and needed to make the most of it. Also, I was hesitant to spend loads of time with Jake, I didn't want to get close to him then have to tell him the truth.
"I'd love too, but we're working on a group assignment in the morning," I told him and watched his hopeful face drop.
"Then meet me after classes?" he countered.
"Fine," I conceded. I had to give him something, I couldn't blow him off entirely. I just had to keep enough distance that it wasn't a massive betrayal when he found out I was also his roommate.
"Awesome," he smiled happily, looking like he just mentally high-fived himself. "Would you like me to walk you home?" he asked and I shook my head.
"I think I'll survive the trip by myself," I assured him.
"Don't be getting yourself kidnapped," Jake scolded me, "You have plans you've committed too." I chuckled at him as I sat up on the bed.
"I'm sure the kidnappers would stop kidnapping me if I calmly explained I have plans tomorrow," I rolled my eyes at him.
"Well I would hope so," Jake scoffed, "all the kidnappers I've been involved with are lovely gents," he assured me as he stood up from the bed and offered me his hand.
"it must be the lady kidnappers that are rude then," I surmised, laughing as I took his hand stood up standing nose to nose with him.
"it's true, ladies are meanie," he told me, nodding his head. I couldn't keep the smile off my face. He's just so silly.
"Thank you for tonight," I told him quietly, looking straight into his smiling eyes as I toyed with the hem of his thin singlet.
"My pleasure," he replied easily. I took my hands from his singlet and started buttoning the front of my dress up again. Jake took a seat on my bed and pulled me towards him by my legs before I could finish making me stand in between his legs.
"Sleep tight, don't let Kathy bite," he told me with a particularly suggestive smile.
"You only have to ask nicely if you want a bite of me," I replied just as cheekily.
"Ooh, naughty," Jake growled with a grin. "Me likey," he murmured approvingly, pulling me down to meet him lip to lips. The kiss deepened until I was straddling his lap before I even realized. His kisses left me in a fog and dazed. His wondering hands were under my dress gripping my hips. "Don't go," Jake eventually mumbled, coming up for air for the first time in a while.
"I can't stay," I laughed, rubbing his cheek softly with the back of my fingers.
"Bullshit," he swore. "I promise you're parents won't find out," he teased.
"Your roommate will," I replied still completely breathless.
"He won't tell them either," he assured me, looking at my lips hungrily, "I'm sure he can also take a hint when he see's you here."
"That's not fair to him," I tried to reason, getting distracted at the way Jakes eyes were followed by his lips. "And I have class early tomorrow," I tried to remind him with a strong voice which kind of only came out as a breathless sigh as he sucked gently on my neck, making me close my eyes and shut down my brain as I could only concentrate on the sensation.
"The offer for the breakfast date is still there, you know?" he asked quietly.
"So is the group assignment I'm being relied upon to help with," I countered and a small growl emerged from Jake, "I have to leave. I promise I'll be yours tomorrow afternoon." His growl turned to a groan as he pulled back and rested his head against the shoulder he was just nibbling.
"But I don't want to wait that long," he whined childishly, making me laugh.
"Good things come to those who wait," I told him and he gave a short laugh.
"Good things come to those willing to bust their ass," he corrected me. I giggled as I peeled myself off his lap. "No, no, no, stay. Please," he told me grabbing at my dress, pulling me back to him.
"Can't," I replied simply.
"Fine. Go. See if I care," he scowled at me as I repositioned my dress and rolled my eyes at him. I had only taken a step away from him to grab my bag and his arms wrapped my stomach from behind me. "One more kiss," he murmured and tugged gently at my ear lobe.
"Oh no," I laughed at him, "I'm not falling for that," I shook my head and he laughed huskily in my ear.
"Just one," he whispered seductively, his hands starting to travel a path from my stomach to the hem of my dress. I placed my hands on his mid thigh and gently pulled them from me.
"Goodnight Jake," I told him sternly, stepping away from him. He followed me like a loyal puppy he was acting like and I turned on my heel and pinned him with a glare. "Stay right there Jake Brennan. Don't you dare follow me," I told him.
"But you like it, I can tell," he told me with a naughty grin and smoldering eyes.
"I'm going home now," I told him giving him a warning look.
"You're breaking my heart, Luce," Jake declared, I rolled my eyes and grabbed the tape off the desk that I had been using this morning as Lockie and threw at him.
"Easily fixed," I told him and turned on my heel and headed for the door, grabbing my bag. He was laughing as I opened the door. "Good night Jake," I told him.
"You're such a vixen," he stated as I stepped into the hallway.
"Message me tomorrow," I told him and shut the door with a smirk still on my face. I got three steps away from the door when it opened again and Jake had me against the wall, kissing me senseless again before I even realized. He pulled back a moment later, resting his forehead against mine.
"Count on it babe," he told me, grinning like the devil. He gently pressed his lips against my nose before whispering, "Goodnight, Lucy." I couldn't help the smile that reached my mouth as I stood there a moment catching my bearings after he had gone back in his room.

But even though I was dazed from his lovely attack, I still had the little issue of getting back into the room as Lockie... Without the wig... that was still in the room... under the bed.

Damn.

I still hadn't thought of anything when I got back to my room. I could maybe risk sneaking in, in the early hours with a hoodie on and hope he was asleep but knowing my luck I'd get in there, wake him up and he'd want a good old three AM chit chat. I opened my door to find Kathy in bed looking extremely comfortable watching something on her laptop.
"Hey," she smiled, "How was the rest of your night?" she asked, pausing her show.
"Good, Jake wanted me to stay the night, but I have an early class tomorrow," I told her.
"Do you think he suspects anything?" she asked slowly and I shrugged,
"Probably, I'm not exactly the smoothest girl pretending to be a boy out there," I half laughed at myself.
"You're still doing a pretty good job," she laughed.
"I have a problem though," I sighed, "I took my wig off in his room this afternoon and haven't had a chance to grab it again," I told her, slipping off my dress. I heard a gasp and turned immediately to see her with an amused but horrified look on her face.
"The wig ain't your only problem," she laughed. "Look at your neck." I moved to the mirror and looked at myself. I felt the bile in my stomach rise to the back of my throat. I was going to kill him. Good lord, I was going to stab him in the heart.
The biggest hicky I have ever seen resided on my neck, just above my collarbone.
"Who the hell just hands out a hicky like this?" I demanded. "What an asshole!" I rubbed over the offending patchy mark as if that could some how erase the evidence.
"Maybe he does know or is at least suspicious..." Kathy murmured, getting out of her bed to get a better look.
"Then be a man and confront me!" I exclaimed, stretching and twisting my neck around to assess the damage of the situation. "He's a dead man. Swear to god. How am I meant to hide this?" I demanded, quite publicly freaking out.
"Turtle neck?" Kathy suggested with a shrug.
"You're not helping or funny," I growled.
"Concealer job and an extra bulky hoodie?" she suggested next and I rolled my eyes.
"I'm just going to have to wait until the morning and see how bad it is then. Hopefully it goes down," I sighed, frowning at it.
"They usually do. If worse comes to worse, I'll give you a few more and you can just say I got extra frisky last night," she winked saucily at me, making me smirk at her.
"Perks of having an eager girlfriend?" I laughed and she shrugged modestly.
"What can I say? You're a spunk," she told me.
"Gee, thanks babe," I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to bed," I told her.
"Me too," she told me, heading back to her bed.