You Must Whistle At An Engine, Even If You Don't Know What You're Whistling At

Chapter Sixteen
-You Must Whistle At An Engine, Even If You Don't Know What You're Whistling At-

I was still sprawled over the engine when I felt a shiver down my spine giving me that feeling that someone was watching me. I looked over my shoulder and found Jake staring at me dazed a few steps from the car.
"Hey J," I grinned at him and he focused onto my face, but the look on his face didn't change, he looked almost confused or surprised.
"Oh hey Walters," He seemed to mentally shake himself, becoming his usually self. "What are you doing?" He asked, surveying the scene as he stepped up to the car.
"Holding the light for Robbo and Taylor," I told him.
"Who's that?" Robbo called from under the car.
"Jake," Jake replied.
"Know anything about cars?" Robbo demanded and Jake gave me a side look.
"...yeah?" He slowly replied.
"Good. Taylor get out of here, Jake get under here and help me," Robbo demanded.
"What?" Taylor demanded, "I didn't think I was doing that bad!" he defended himself and Robbo snorted.
"You see that?" Robbo asked, "Yeah, that's not meant to be leaking."
"I was only following your instructions," Taylor grumbled as he scooted out from under the car, "Ungrateful bastard."
As Taylor wiped off his jeans, Jake and I shared an amused grin. Jake then dropped to the floor and disappeared under the car. Taylor sat against the car with his arms crossed looking like a bear with a sore head as Jake and Robbo chat casually about what they needed to do. I was still sprawled all over the car and I heard moving under the car and felt something hit my foot, and then it hit it again harder, grinding back and forth. I pulled back and looked down and almost died. Jake had twisted onto his side and was rubbing.. uh... himself... against me. The, uh, Voldemort part... because I shall not name it.

...Okay, his baby making part was rubbing against my ankle, okay...?

I stared down at it again as he squirmed again, obviously trying to reach something. The denim rubbed against my skin and I blushed, starting from my ankle and ran up my body to my face.
"What happened to the light, Walters?" Robbo called out, from underneath.
"Oh, uh. Yeah. Sor-sorry," I stammered and went to reach across the car again, but Jake's body was hindering me and I was hindering him. Without even so much as a word, I stepped aside and Jake moved over, I then stood over his legs and was able to reach better. Now I was straddling him... sort of... great.
To anyone looking, it wasn't anything weird. It was just guys fixing a car but seeing how much I want to be in this position in a different way and scene, the awkwardness was gnawing at me.
"Rule forty, Walters," Taylor spoke for the first time since getting kicked out from under the car. He was looking over the car, looking a little lost. "You must whistle at an engine, even if you don't know what you're whistling at." There was a hint of a smirk on his face, telling me his sooking was over and he must be getting bored due to his hyper personality. His rule worked as a distraction as I laughed at him.
"What if the engine isn't worth whistling at, but you whistle anyway?" I asked and he laughed.
"Don't poke holes in the fifty man commandments," He rolled his eyes. "This is why woman aren't allowed to know the rules. You're all fun sponges!" He frowned at me and I over dramatically frowned back at him before laughing. "By the way, your jumper is riding up with you bent over like that," He told me, "Your ass is looking particularly girly at the moment." I looked over my shoulder and pulled the jumper down as well as I could.
"You're such a pervert," I glared at him and he gave me a condescending look.
"If I was a pervert, I wouldn't be telling you how your ass looks. I would be busy staring at it, wouldn't I?" He asked and I glared at him.
"Whatever," I grumbled, not liking being outsmarted by Taylor. I was having trouble accepting fully that Taylor was actually a good guy. He had been such a self centred, arrogant, grade A a-hole the first time we spoke in class but excusing his ADHD tendencies, he was actually quite sweet and decent. It kind of went against everything I believed in. Leopards don't change their spots and jerks are always jerks. Taylor was a jerk. He probably kicked puppies and punched kittens in his spare time and set time aside on the weekends to knock ice cream cones from kids hands and then laugh in their faces when the ants started attacking the mess on the floor. He had to, right? That's what jerks did. They didn't look after girls best interest and hide girls pretending to be boys identities by letting them know when their jumper was riding up. Guys are completely one dimensional. They're either the good guys like Jake or Trent, or they're buttholes like Taylor. Jake and Trent's couldn't be buttholes, just like Taylor couldn't be the good guy...