iii

a/n: double update because January 1, 2018 has nothing in store for me. fml lmao. This is kind of a filler chapter that I managed to type down with a few of my remaining brain cells. HAHAHA 

enjoy :)

++

               Before I knew it, I was a married person. We were in his household, the reception finished, and all I wanted to do was lay in my death bed.

     "I'm so exhausted!"

Mr. Ambrose gave me a small smile before he removed his tie and when he started unbuttoning his shirt, I looked away. I felt his fingers under my chin tilt my head up and the look on his face held mock concern.

     "Is my body that repulsive to you that you look away?"

Ladies and gentlemen, I resembled a goldfish. My eyes strayed down to the broadness of his shoulders, to his chest, then his toned torso, then down under where, thank the heavens above, he was wearing briefs, before I looked back at his eyes once again. I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks. Bad!

     "I—uh—Yes?"

     "Then why do your cheeks ignite like a midnight flame and the sound of your heart beating contradicts to what you say."

I thought of reasons that I could respond him but nothing seemed reasonable. All I could do was keep quiet because, who of all women will confess to her husband that he is an Adonis—no one in their right mind would do that.

     "I'm waiting for your reply, my dear."

He rubbed his thumb in small circles on my cheek that didn't want to tone down the color of fire at the moment.

     "You're just..."

     "Just what?" he pushed.

Too hot for my eyes Too good looking; enough for me to eat.

     "Too repulsive to look at," I deadpanned to which he laughed, his head thrown back.

     "This repulsive human being is your husband, my love. Might I add, the ladies crave for a body like this, you know. Take good care of it," he pointed to his body with a million dollar smile and a wink.

I looked away, removing his hand from my face in the process, as I crossed my arms in disdain, hiding the fact that I was blushing red and the zoo in my stomach let loose. He chuckled, finding this situation amusing.

Glad he finds this funny, eh.

Before I knew it, he scooped me up; his arms supporting my back and the back of my knees. My hands were around his neck and my eyes were as wide as saucers.

     "What are you doing, Mr. Ambrose?"

     "Why, I'm bringing my dear wife to bed and I'd prefer you drop down the formalities. You're my wife, so Dean's fine... but endearments are better." He gave me a playful wink; my heart's been thunderous lately, especially when he pushed the door to the room with his hip and the sight of his bed came to view.

     "You can put me down now, you know."

Surprisingly, he laid me down in bed as he did the same.

     "You're as stiff as a board, my love," he said as his arm wounded around my waist, bringing me closer to him.

Who wouldn't be stiff as a board when you're to sleep beside a husband stranger?

     "Relax," he cooed, "I won't do anything to you."

And just when my body gave in to his warmth, he kissed my neck.

     "Not yet, though," he chimed in.

-

We were in the dining hall, eating pancakes for breakfast. Mr. Ambrose was at the head while I was seated at his right.

     "We're heading to the camp by sundown," he said behind the newspaper he was reading. I hummed in acknowledgement since I was busy devouring my food like a person who hasn't eaten for days.

     "Slow down, love. Don't want you choking on a piece of bread. If you could choke on those small pieces of bread, how much more for a bigger piece."

This man has a lot of innuendos in store. I immediately choked after his statement to which he just sat there watching me in glee. I grabbed the glass of milk next to my plate and chugged it down, letting out a soft sigh in relief.

   "How much more for a bigger piece indeed." He winked while I just scowled at him before eating once again.