A Plan

That is a picture of the Carpathian Mountains in Ukraine (where the Scholomace is) I just thought it was really pretty, and I always want a picture. They are worth a thousand words. I'm sorry the last was so awkward. I will try to do better. Hope all of my friends had a wonderful new year!

*Kit POV*

Dinner was a rather awkward affair. I can't keep my eyes off Ty. He catches me staring at him a few time and we look away blushing. Diana notices our blushes, but no one else does. I stare at Ty and imagine curling my fingers through his unruly black hair. Something whacks my foot suddenly, and Dru catches my attention. "You ok?" She mouths. Speaking would have been stupid if she wanted the question to be private. The table is silent.

I nod and wave off her worry, but she seems unconvinced. "Later." I mouth. She nods in a very satisfied way. I look away from her only to see the blue eyes I've memorized in the past months. He isn't moving just staring at me. He blinks slowly and I'm mesmerized. I feel my mouth going dry, so I lick my lips. That was probably a mistake. Ty's eyes go wide and his face turns an alarming shade of red.

"What is going on, you two." I hear Diana say. Great, I think. Ty schools his features and pretends that the question was not for him. I try to do the same, but I know that I'm failing.

"Kit?" Julian lets the name fall from his mouth blandly, but his face is inquisitive. I squirm in my seat unconsciously. I break into a nervous grin and open my mouth to talk.

"He's fine," Cristina states suddenly, "we were talking earlier and he was telling me about what's been going on. His view on things." She is going to betray me. I trusted her with my deepest secret, and she is just going to tell everyone over diner. "He had an anxiety attack and is probably still a little shaken." I breathe a sigh of relief. I guess Julian takes it as an upset sigh.

"If you need anything, don't be ashamed to ask." He chides with what I suppose passes as a smile. I nod and glance at Ty. He looks very worried. I want to tell him that I'm fine, but I'm not. Honestly when I went to Cristina I was on the verge of a mental breakdown. I need to back away from everything and think for a while.

Mark takes dishes back to the kitchen when we're done. We eat very late, so no one will know we're here. I go to help Mark wash the dishes. "We shall need to return to Los Angeles soon," he says, "if we remain here much longer I fear we will be discovered."

"We don't know if it's safe or not. Hell the last time we were there the Cohort practically took control of the Institute." Mark's face wrinkled in distaste.

"Then we will send a scout. It is not going to be safe, but at least all of us won't be there." He leaves the room before I can tell him what a horrible idea that is. Julian will talk him out of it. I tell myself, but I'm not so sure. I sigh and continue to scrub sauce of the plates.

<<<§§§>>>

"Diego, Cristina, Emma, and I will go." Julian shouts over the arguing. We gathered in the Library because people don't usually go in there. I don't believe my ears. Mark told Julian, and he thought it was a good idea. I know he wants to put the Tavvy back where it's familiar, but this is insane!

"I'll go too." I blurt out.

"Absolutely not!" Julian cries.

"I can do it, and I'm tired of being useless! You do everything, Julian. That will ware you down until you loose everything." He looks taken aback.

"He's right, Jules,"Emma whispers. He looks at her in shock, "you stay here, I'll look after him." Julian splutters protests, but no one is listening. Cristina looks worried and concerned. I tell myself that it's fine, but I have no idea as to why I wanted to go. I guess I just had to stop sitting around.

"How are we going to get there?" Cristina asks Emma.

"I'm sure there's a way." She thinks for a while then I remember something.

"Clary made a portal rune. We'd just need someone really powerful to use it." Emma and Julian share a look before moving to the wall to try the rune. Julian holds her hand, I think to make her stronger through the parabati bond. The wall seems to shrink in on itself making an odd glowing hole. If it works just like a portal all I have to do is think of where I want to go.

I glance at Ty who is very worried. He turns his head away, and I step towards the portal. In my mind I see the cave where we found Zara, but I switch hastily to behind a large rock. Air blows on me from every direction. I squeeze my eyes shut against it then suddenly everything is still. I hear seagulls calling over me, and the air smells like the Blackthorns. The ocean, I realize. My eyes flutter open to see the waves inches from my toes. I smile absent mindedly.

"Kit," Cristina calls from a couple yards away, "let's go." She gestures to in the general direction of the Institute. I nod and we creep up the dunes. I see Diana's truck parked outside, but that's all. Nothing is broken, and there are no people in the windows. I sprint for the front door. Cristina follows me and tries the door. "Locked." She mutters.

I reach into my pocket quickly. "Thank God." I whisper when I find my lock pick. I unlock the door in under a minute. It pushes open easily. Cristina takes out a butterfly knife and slips inside. I sigh and realize that I don't have a weapon with me. My Swiss Army knife it is. The blade open with a small whoosh. I dart into the room and hide in a shadow. That is what I do best. Cristina is moving up the stairs, so I guess I'll check what's down here.

None of the lights are on, so I have plenty of good shadows to lurk about in. The kitchen is empty when I glide my way into it. I leave again and make my way to the dining room, where we had to sit with Zara. I hear voices drifting out from the open door. I see Centurion armor in a quick glance and panic slightly. I slide in and plaster myself against the wall. "Oh, it's you." I say.

Diego spins around with a knife in hand. He nods. Emma stares at me, "Where's Tina?"

My eyes go wide, and I race out of the room. I go all the way to the top of the stairs. Cristina is coming back from the hallway and shakes her head. "We're good." I shout. I go to my room slowly and hear the others talking about fire messages, but I don't really care. I shove open the door and fling myself down on the bed.

"So," Cristina stands in the doorway, "how'd it go with Ty?" I blush at the memory and look at her. She raises an eyebrow expectantly.

"Great." I smile. She nods and closes the door. It was about seven at night in the Scholomance. Yay time zones, it's five in the morning here. I drop my Swiss on the night stand. It probably wasn't a good idea to flop around with it open. The true power of this form of jet lag will hit me sooner or later, but for now I'm alright.

So sorry it's been so long! Life has been crazy, I hope you enjoyed this. Until next time!