♕ nine

ashton was cleaning the party room when he heard the doors open. he didn't turn to look who had entered the room, only continuing to scrub the food that had spilt on the tables. what he did not expect though, was to be roughly grabbed by the neck. he gasped, facing the angry king and he grew frightened.

"i do not ever, i mean it you piece of shit, ever, want you around my son, understood?!" the king yelled, his grip tightening.

ashton nodded quickly, wincing at the pain in his neck. "y-yes s-s-sir."

"if i ever see you around him, or here that you are around him, i will not hesitate to have you executed." the king hissed, completely squeezing the back of ashton's neck.

ashton whimpered and nodded. "i-i un-understand y-your m-majesty."

the king let his hand fall down, and he paced around the room. "how was i so stupid!"

he kicked the table, causing it to collapse to the ground and ashton began trembling with fear. what did he do to make the king so angry? it had to be his fault, everything he did with calum was always blamed on him. or maybe the king still was in a bad mood and did not think ashton had learned to stay away from calum.

he heard the king mutter things like "irwin", "curlisbrooke", "marriage", and finally his name. his name. his full name that he has never heard of.

the king had to be lying, tricking ashton in some sort. there is no way he is a irwin, he cannot fit into that role. he is meant to be a servant, and that is all he will ever be.

but why else would the king say ashton irwin?

"y-your majesty?" ashton questioned, his voice shaky from fear.

the king stopped in his steps. "yes?"

ashton gulped. would he be killed for asking the question he is about to ask? hurt? or maybe ignored or banned? he wouldn't know until he found out, but he could feel his blood starting to bubble with what, anger? well maybe it was anger. all he knew is that he has a family, and there is a possibility that he the first son of queen irwin.

"w-what do you mean by ashton irwin?"

the king did not utter a word, or make any sort of movement. ashton quickly started to regret asking the question. the king was probably about to yell for the guards and order him to be killed. instead, he got the complete opposite.

"you are queen irwin's first son. calum is going to marry your step-sister, yulia irwin. i cannot risk the queen or anyone finding out that you are here," the king turned and faced ashton, "if you say anything to calum or anyone else when he marries, i will not hesitate to kill you myself."

ashton felt like all of the air was sucked out of his lungs. he's the first son of queen irwin? the one that was born but taken away as soon as he was born? he started to feel nauseous and dizzy. he can't be a prince, he can't be, he can't be, he can't be.

"ashton? are you alright?"

ashton had fainted.

♕ ♕ ♕ ♕

this story is almost over adjdkgh i'm so excited!