6 past

(Unedited)

*PAST*

"Look at what I can do..." Little Believe screams for her fathers attention, but as always he is engrossed in a book. It is a book about the origin of witches. Believes father, David, has always been interested in the supernatural since he had been married to Believes mother, Lyric. As much as the family would like to turn a blind eye to his interests for the dark areas of higher powers they can not. With every book he reads a piece of him disappears, leaving a man with no sense of reality.

The bright smile on Believes' face slowly fades as he doesn't seem to even acknowledge her. The once bright and sunny day begins to gloom, this calms Believe of any negative emotion as rainy weather is her favourite. With in seconds the sky is dark with lighting brightening the sky for a millisecond and thunder roaring.

"I want to see what you can do." A voice says frightening Believe as she did not see anyone approaching her. She looks to her side and sees a pale white man looking at her. His grin doesn't seem friendly but his teeth are what peeks her interest. They look like shark teeth but thinner and they seem to be endless. His eyes are completely black. His voice sounds gritty, like he is trying to regain his speech.

"Are your teeth real?" Young Believe questions oblivious to the danger the man poses. She feels at pit of her stomach that he wouldn't harm her thus she feels safe. She walks closer to him and he gets on his knees to be the same size as her. Her father is still to focused in his book to notice the interaction.

"Yes they are real..." He slithers, sounding different from the first time he spoke, the grin never leaves his face." And if you show me what you can do... I'll teach you how to do this..." Believe watches as the mans teeth fuse to normal human teeth, then develop fangs, than all of them retrieving into the gums and returning one by one to their original look. Excitement bubbles within her and she can't help but to let out a little squeal. The mans grim turns into a genuine smile. Something within him calms.

He lost all sense of negative thoughts and negativity for a moment. For a moment he didn't feel like torturing anyone or destroying anything. He felt at peace and free. When he realises what is happening his lost the smile and a cold demeanour returns. He vowed never to allow himself to feel like that again.

"Stand back a bit" Believes little voice commands as she pulls him away from the wall. The wall is surrounded by dead plants and dry sand. Believe stares at it then looks up to the sky. Taking in a huge breathe then breathing out with all her strength towards the wall. In this moment wild blow little seeds to the area surrounding the wall. The once dry sand becomes visibly moist. Believe looks at the man, even though she couldn't see any emotions in his eyes she could tell he was confused.

"Is that it?" He wonders out loud when nothing happens. He looks down to see Believe staring at him, this makes him feel... Odd... She has a frown on her little face and he wants to know what's in her mind right now.

"This is the last time I am going to see you in a long time, but I don't want you to forget me." Believe sounds beyond her years. She is speaking from her heart and something else she quite doesn't understand. She takes off the dark purple ribbon from her head and gives it to the man. The ribbon is the exact same colour as her African thick hair. "Keep this with you and give it back when I'm ready." She tells him.