2 Following Plants

BELIEVE

After a few hours of trying to understand the cause or meaning of my newly developed change I still came up with nothing. All I could do was except it, which was not hard due to its beauty. The way my chocolate skin seems to be both fighting and blending with the pigment deprived part just seems like an art work. Almost like my birth mark.

After getting ready for work I walk through every corner of the house insuring every plant is healthy, as it is the only constant routine I have. My house is filled with plants. The bathrooms are filled with sweet scented flowers while the bedrooms are filled with colour flowers that don't have a strong scent. The passage way and stairs are covered with bright green plants and herbs. On the floor and walls. One can imagine the amount of bugs we have within the house. The kitchen is the only room without any plants.

The walls of the house are painted with a washable pale grey paint. The beds, couches, table, chairs and sheets are all neutral matte colours. The parts of the walls that are not covered by plants are covered by bright and colourful art pieces and books. The decorations laying within the house are also bright and colourful creating a beautiful melody.

I find Lazarus in the kitchen holding a fruit smoothy in one hand and drinking tea from the other. He hands me over the smoothy and I give him a smile of gratitude while taking the drink. I sit on the marble counter out of habit and look out into the distance thinking about my hand again.

"You look beautiful" Lazarus states interrupting my train of thought. I find him staring at me intensely, as if I am about to leave him soon. I look down at my yellow summer dress and flower sandals. I have been so out of it this morning I didn't even see what I put on.

I look up and smile at him while pulling him for a kiss after placing the smoothy and tea down. He holds my head in place with one hand while the other pulls me closer by my waist.

"No, no, no, no, no..." Rosa interrupts us right when we are about to kiss. This causes me to snap my head towards her which lead Lazarus being headbutted in the process. Before we know it Rosa has sandwiched herself between us while Lazarus and I are rubbing our slightly throbbing head.

Rosa has a strong dislike for any type of intimacy between Lazarus and I. When we have couples over and they get all kissy and touchy in front of her, she doesn't have a problem. In fact she seems to cheer it on. But immediately when its Lazarus and I she throws a massive fit.

I inherited this house, the tattoo shop and a large sum of money from my Aunty when she passed away two years ago. Rosa has been care taker of the house since my Aunty bought it. So I let Rosa stay because she is amazing at her job anyway and I have known her since I was five so she is like family to me.

Once I climb of the counter, say my goodbyes and head for the garage.

"How could she not have noticed how the plants are always following her?" Rosa questions Lazarus when she thinks I'm out of ear shot.

"I think she does but she thinks its all in her head or she doesn't understand why" he replies thoughtful.

"What happened to her hand?" Rosa inquires. Before Lazarus could respond I get in the car and drive to work.

I have noticed how the plants always follow me. I can even hear and feel them begging for my touch but I don't want to know why... I don't think I am ready