Fight For Your Life

Start from the beginning

"Alright, ready Lillie?" I asked her.

Lillie bit her lip and gave my hand a light squeeze before nodding. "Y-yeah, let's go." She responded.

I smiled at her before moving forward and starting the slide down to the ground floor. The only light present in the tube, was the bit of light peeking through the thinnest parts of the ice.

Lillie held onto me as we slid down the column, while the rest of the group followed behind us.

I glanced over at Lillie and quietly chuckled to myself, before leaning in and whispering to her. "You know, if we weren't in this kind of situation, this might actually be a bit romantic."

Lillie glanced over at me, a light blush present on her face as she smiled. "Y-Yeah, it probably would be." She responded.

I felt the column of ice rumble a couple of times as we kept sliding down towards the ground floor.

"Good, Sceptile managed to get us some cover down at the exit." I thought to myself.

I looked back over at Lillie and smiled softly, before leaning in and whispering to her. "Once this whole things done, and we get your brother back, let's go on an actual date. One where your mothers goons aren't chasing us around and trying to kill us." I leaned in closer and kissed her on the cheek as I finished speaking.

I heard Lillie let out a small squeak, before turning towards me and nodding, a bright blush present on her face as she did.

I was about to chuckle when I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, and realized how fast we were going now. I put my foot out to try and slow us down, but to no avail.

"Oh crap, we're going a lot faster than I thought we were, when we hit the ground, make sure to tuck and roll to avoid getting hurt." I told everyone.

Lillie looked like she was about to respond, though there was no time to respond as we hit the end of the tunnel. I tucked and rolled the moment my feet made contact with the ground, causing me to roll a little ways past the boulders.

When I got up, I saw the guards rallying and vollying attacks towards the exit of the tunnel. A Thunderbolt came arcing over me, causing the hair on the back of my neck to stand on end and sizzle a bit.

"Shit shit shit!" I muttered as I got up and scrambled behind the closest boulder I could find.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down, before I peeked around the boulder, letting my eyes drift across the battlefield before me.

"Okay, there's a mob infront of us and.." I looked around the area one more time. "And two smaller groups on each side." I continued.

My eyes drifted back to everyone, and saw Infernape opposite to me and standing behind another boulder.

I let out a little whistle to get his attention, before nodding to the mob of guards in front of us. "Why don't you disperse that group a bit Infernape!" I shouted to him.

Infernape nodded and poked his head out from behind the boulder and let loose a Flamethrower into the mass of guards, causing the group to disperse in a hurry.

There was a loud bang on the other side of my cover, followed by the boulder rumbling. I ducked as I heard the bang, before peeking around the corner and having an attack from the air landing right infront of me.

I looked up into the air and saw a large group of flying Pokemon advancing towards our position.

"Ah crap." I muttered to myself.

"Crap, what should we do....Oh yeah that's right, we have a Vulpix with us." I thought to myself.

My eyes started scanning the area around me, as I looked for Lillie. After a few seconds of looking, I found her on the right flank with Greninja and Noctowl.

"Lillie, can you get Vuplix to knock those guys down?!" I shouted to her. Hoping that she could hear me over the sounds of the battle.

To my relief, Lillie looked around for a moment before finding me. I pointed to the group of flying Pokemon in the air, hoping that she got what I was trying to tell her. Lillie looked from them to me and then nodded.

I watched as Lillie signalled Vuplix, who was over by Sceptile on the left flank.

"Vulpix use Icy Wind!" Lillie shouted, while she pointed to the same group of Pokemon as I had earlier.

Vulpix let out a loud cry as the temperature dropped in the room and the wind came up. The group of flying Pokemon started dwindling as the Pokemon started falling from the sky one by one, while their wings were covered in a sheet of ice.

I smiled and nodded. "Thanks Lills!" I shouted to her.

Lillie gave me a thumbs up before continuing the defense on the right side. I turned back and glanced around the boulder, watching the guards rally again, before continuing their attack.

I was about to turn back when I heard the roar of an attack overhead. I looked up and saw a bright white beam above me. I watched it make contact with the wall behind us, absolutely destroying it.

"Oh shit, that's Hyperbeam isn't it?" I thought to myself.

I tracked the beams path to its origin and saw a group of Pokemon readying another volly.

"Oh shit, everyone get down!" I yelled, while I turned around and started rushing away from the boulder that I was behind. I only got a couple feet away from the boulder when it suddenly exploded with a sound akin to a frag grenade going off.

The boulder sent rocks flying in every direction, while I felt something large hit my left shoulder, knocking me to the ground and breaking my shoulder in the proccess. I let out a loud cry of pain, as I reached over and grabbed my broken shoulder.

I laid there on the ground for a few seconds, before rolling over onto my back and looking up at the ceiling. The only thing I could hear was the ringing in my ears after the explosion. I laid there on the ground in shock, as I waited for my body to recover enough for me to move.

I felt a light tug on my right arm, and I suddenly felt myself being dragged across the ground by my right arm. I looked up to find Lillie pulling me across the ground and towards another boulder.

Lillie pulled me up and leaned me against the boulder before she started tending to me. While I just sat there, trying to pull myself together.

A/N

So yeah, I'm not dead, even though I've been gone for a very long time. That's because of college and things that had been going on prior to the second semester starting. I appreciate all the comments and votes everyone has given my story, It really helps with motivating me to write.

I'm gonna try and get back into the swing of things, and write when I have the time to. That being said, I hope that you all enjoyed the new chapter. Though it's more accurate to say that it's a rewrite of the big ass chapter I published a while back.

If you have any comments or questions, don't hesitate to post them. As always, I'll see all of you in the next chapter.

-Pearlshipper332