Visitations and Explanations

Lillie's POV-

The room I was in was lightly illuminated by the sunlight that was entering the window on the other side of the room. I had just started waking up, not remembering where I was. I sat up and stretched a bit, taking my time to look around the room I was in. 

I glanced down at where I had been resting my head, and saw that Ash was asleep in the bed. I had ended up staying with him for the rest of the day, not realizing that I had fallen asleep while I was there.

I saw Ash's hand was resting on top of the covers on the bed and  reached out and took a hold of it, giving it a small squeeze while I sat there in that sunlit room. "Hope you wake up soon Ash." I muttered, a soft smile on my face as I spoke.

I left the room afterwards to try and find something to eat since I hadn't eaten much the previous night. I was still dealing with a bit of shell-shock from the events of the previous day, so I hadn't been in the mood to eat at the time.

"Where's Professor Kukui at?" I muttered.

When I reached the kitchen, I found a note on the counter. I leaned in and read the note, and a minute later I looked around and grabbed the bread that Professor Kukui had set out.

"Huh, so he had to head over to one of the other islands...Wonder why." I pondered as I plugged in the toaster and put a couple of pieces of bread into it.

Within a couple of minutes I had a few pieces of toast and started eating. 

I checked the time once I was done eating. The clock on the wall of the kitchen read 10:25 AM.

I let out a little sigh as I looked around the house. "The Professor said he'd be back at 3 PM at the latest.... What should I do until then.." I muttered to myself.

I walked around the room for the next couple of minutes, pondering what to do when I heard a knock on the door while I was pacing around the room.

I stopped my pacing and walked over to the door and opened it. 

On the other side of the door stood Mallow, the green haired chef at her fathers restaurant, and Lana, the blue haired fisher.

Mallow was the first one to speak up. "Oh, Lillie, what are you doing here?" She asked me.

"How am I going to explain that I'm living here in the same house as Ash...not that it would be a bad thing..." I thought to myself.

I blushed and tilted my head down to look at the ground. "I...uh...had to talk to the Professor about something...but when I got here the Professor was leaving and had to go to one of the other islands...so he decided to let me stay here and wait." I answered.

Mallow stared at me for a few seconds, before nodding. "Alright then..do you know where Ash is? You two still have to come to the restaurant for our group get together." Mallow said.

I glanced over at Lana and saw her staring at me. "So what did you have to talk to the professor about?" Lana asked.

"Crap." I thought to myself.

I looked at Mallow and shook my head. "We won't be able to make it, Ash got injured yesterday and hasn't woken up yet." I answered.

Mallow looked at me in shock. "What happened?" She asked. 

"I'm... not too sure on the details." I answered.

I looked over at Lana and slightly smiled at her. "If it's all the same with you Lana...I'd rather not say, as it is a personal reason." I told her.

Lana nodded, while Mallow kept talking. "Is there anything we can do to help?" She asked.

I looked up at Mallow and smiled before shaking my head. "No, I don't think you can, as of right now Ash just needs to rest." I responded.