Chapter 10

Phoebe's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blasting 5 seconds of summer. I groaned from the loud noise disturbing my sleep, why couldn't I have just picked a normal alarm?

I opened my phone and saw I had a new email. The email was from a large writing company in New York. What do they want? It's probably just spam, I thought to myself. I opened the email which read,

Dear Phoebe Grier,

We have read some of your submissions to our, and other writing companies and we think you would make a great addition to our team here in New York. If you would like to take up this offer please reply to this email in the next two weeks. If you don't respond by then we will start looking for a new addition. We will give you more details if you decide to take us up on our offer. I hope you will consider this position, it would be a great opportunity for an up incoming writer like you.

Thank you for your time,

Mr. Thomas

President of NYC Writers

Wow. This is no spam! This is the real deal! I have to tell someone! No, I can't. I can't go, I have to stay here, with my friends and brothers and Cam....

I looked over to my side to see Taylor still sleeping. I tell her everything but this is something I should probably keep to myself. I don't want her to get excited for me just to tell her I'm not going to take it. I know it sounds stupid to not take this great opportunity just because of a guy, especially since that guy doesn't even like me. I just feel like if I leave, nothing can ever happen.

~Later that morning~

I came downstairs for breakfast after getting ready for our first day of Magcon Nashville. I saw Gilinsky already sitting there by himself at the breakfast table. I grabbed a muffin and glass of milk from the buffet line and then sat next to Jack.

"Morning Pheebs!" Said Jack while stuffing his face with scrambled eggs.

"You're such a pig," I said while laughing, "I don't understand why Taylor would like someone who eats like that." Jack immediately looked up at me with concern in his eyes. "that's right Jack, she did tell me, at first I was a little upset, until she told me that you had rejected her. Why would you do that Jack?"

"I don't know why I did it. To be honest I think I like her too, but as soon as she told me my mind just freaked out." he said getting kinda've upset.

"Jack, look I know being in a relationship is a little scary for you but you have to fix this with her." 

"Well how do I do that?" 

"I think I have an idea." I said smiling.

~After Magcon Nashville Day 1~

We all headed back to our hotel room and so began operation help Jack with Taylor. I walked in the room to find Taylor lying on the bed already changed into her pajamas watching Netflix. 

"Taylor what are you doing? Get up, were going out." I yelled at her while reaching for the tv remote.

"Ugh Phoebe! I'm not in the mood to go out." Taylor said groaning.

"C'mon, quit moping about Jack and get ready. You're about to have a night out with your best friend." I said smiling. Taylor to her opposition finally agreed and went to change and get ready. I slipped into a black lace dress and brushed through my hair since it was already straight, touched up my makeup and slipped on a pair of printed flats. Taylor came out of the bathroom in a dark green shift dress and tan sandals. 

"Great! Are you done getting ready?" 

"Yes I'm done. Now will you tell me where were going Phoebe?"

"Nope. Sorry Tay. It's a surprise." Taylor grunted in frustration then went to grab her phone so we could leave. We made our way to the hotel lobby and took a cab down to the park. Taylor seemed very confused when we got out of the car.

"Phoebe! Why in the world did I get all dressed up to come down to the park?!" Taylor said angrily. 

"Trust me you're going to be glad you  did." I smiled while grabbing Taylor's hand and leading her to a gazebo in the middle of the park. When we arrived Jack was sitting on a blanket in the middle of the gazebo in a navy polo and kakis. 

"What's going on?" said Taylor confused.

"I wanted to apologize Taylor for how I reacted the other night. I was so freaked out I didn't get to tell you that I like you too and I really wanted to make it up to you so Phoebe helped me to set up this whole evening for us. I hope you'll forgive me Taylor." Jack said with hopefulness in his eyes. I looked to Taylor, waiting for her response.

"Of course I do!' Taylor said with excitment. 

"Awwwww" I cooed. Jack and Taylor both turned to me with slight irritation. "And  I'll take that as my cue to leave. Ya'll have fun now." I said with a large grin as I began to leave the park.

~Hotel~

I arrived back at the hotel and was greeted by Matt in the lobby. 

"Hey Pheebs! Where are you going all dressed up? Got a hot date?" He said with a smirk.

I laughed. "No actually I was helping Gilinsky to get a date with Taylor."

"No way! That's so cute. Well since you're already all dressed up, do you wanna go grab a bite to eat." 

"Sure Matt! Let's go."

Author's Note~~~~~~

Hey Guys! Wanna know how things go with Gilinsky and Taylor or what's going on with Matt and Phoebe? Keep reading.