Chapter 23

Phoebe's POV
I looked up from my phone and no one had noticed my phone ring so I quietly snuck away to the office and shut the door behind me. I took a deep breath before pressing answer, having no idea what this conversation could hold.

"Hi." I simply answered.

"Phoebe I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have let you leave at least without saying goodbye and I feel like I overreacted completely about that Cameron guy and I'm just really sorry." Sammy began to ramble on an apology without any introduction. 

"Sammy.. You don't have to apologize."

Cameron's POV

I see Phoebe leave the living-room with a concerned look on her face. I take it upon myself to follow her, I'm about to enter the office right behind her until I hear a somewhat familiar name come out of her mouth. Sammy. Is he the guy she met in New York? Are they dating? No calm down Cameron, you're overreacting. Maybe he's just someone she works with. No who am I kidding, of course it's another guy. This can't happen, I can't lose her again. I have to get her to realize that I'm the one she's in love with. I can't believe that we don't have a happy ending.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts whenever I hear footsteps moving around, closer to the door I'm standing by. I quickly and quietly bolt back to the living-room and hope she didn't see or hear me spying.

Authors Note: Hey guys! Sorry this is a short chapter but a longer one will be coming shortly :) love you all